• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

$9.24 = domain name + hosting for 1 year

Meksilon

NLC
:welcome: Don't believe me?

dreamhost1.png

dreamhost2.png

I couldn't resisit. Act quick... offer expires within hours (apparantly)

http://dreamhost.com/

Last edited:
The issue is, your domains locked to them so sure you get a site etc free for a year but your be out of luck shortly there after.

Shell password? Everything else would make me stay clear. I would only use that place for live testing - localhost sometimes gets annoying but that (^) makes me even more wary.

The issue is, your domains locked to them so sure you get a site etc free for a year but your be out of luck shortly there after.
Is it? I can see the auth code in my account control panel for outgoing transfer of the domain. Register.com, for instance, makes you phone them for the auth code!
Transfer a domain registration away from DreamHost on "Daniel's Account":
You currently have no pending outgoing registration transfers on this account.
To initiate a transfer away, please just contact your new registrar![/auote]

Actually signed up in April to see if they cap your space / or impose any limits whatsoever. Using 450 GB of space now, all open source software. :p It's been there for 2 months now, no issues.

They've had the promo for a few months now, guess they're really desperate.

guess they're really desperate.

Have they been in some kind of trouble? I haven't heard of them being in any, as far as i've heard - though I must admit i've not been reading up on the latest Web Hosting news.

tbh dreamhost isnt all that bad they are a more honest overseller, they understand that the small % that use a dedicated server each far out weigh them who just run a small website, even they admit that if everyone used everything they offer they would go broke.

Have they been in some kind of trouble? I haven't heard of them being in any, as far as i've heard - though I must admit i've not been reading up on the latest Web Hosting news.

Not sure, but they price they're selling it for gives them little profit. I'm thinking the economy might just be why they're selling it so cheap...

http://scummgames.net/

My site has been live a bit over a month, and I'm really impressed by the visitors I've already attracted by not doing much (I'm currently using over 1GB bandwidth/week).

The hosting itself is fine. However, the FTP is incredibly bad; they limit you to "10 connections" supposidly to stop DOS attacks, but in reality it means that the FTP keeps cutting out when you're uploading - or denying you a connection. As they don't include cpanel, and the "HTML FTP" interface limits your upload size, this issue is difficuilt to resolve (without disconnecting and getting a new IP from your ISP).

I won't be continuing past my first year with this FTP issue. I'll look for another "limitless" host.

Back