• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

$700!!!!

Originally posted by CareBear
*snip*
Uh....dude......that part with the word "irony" had nothing to do with declawing of cats. It was about the irony which nature-lovers and .... nevermind, you'll never understand *sigh*

Originally posted by Ben
Now don't you think the irony in situations like nature lovers/anti-cut-the-fn-trees-down-people is ... wierd? They dont want people to hurt nature by cutting down trees. Yet they live in a house.

most of those people are against logging of rain forests and stuff like that - most of the stuff like paper and houses and stuff are made from pine trees in pine tree plantations where the trees are grown to be cut down

[on topic]
the cat in those pics didn't look happy or unhappy - i can't really justify my pov just by gruesom pictures - if all grusom pictures make stuff bad, then fixing someones arteries or sealing the wound when amputating ones leg is also inhumane

Originally posted by CareBear
Irony as in people who comment without doing research? Declawing isn't like clipping your nails... it removes a part of the paw as well.
If you're too lazy to spend time with your pet and encourage it to learn which places it should and which places it shouldn't be scratching why did you get one in the first place?
If at least 21 countries have either outlawed it or consider it something that's frowned upon then that to me to suggest it's something more then just a handful of people who like to 'whine' about *needless* cruelty against animals.

(Edited to add that scratching stuff is just natural behaviour for a cat, just like barking is with dogs. If it's an outdoor cat then you get the occasional prey delivered at your doorstep. You might as well go shave it bald after the winter because it's going to start loosing some of it's fur and leaving it all over the place. My point is those are just things you know will happen when you get a pet into your home. If in retrospect you regret it then you only have one person to blame)

thats why i have A goldfish in a decent bowl and its quite low maintenance

Idea !!!
Put a gun to the vets head. :)
If you dont have a gun goto an used gun shop buy a gun costing less the the oporation. Oh tell the vet the you wont kill him/her or harm him/her. If its a girl and ugly one say that you will give her a night of plesure for free if you pay $20/$50.

do not try this it is stupid and bad you could be arested. like me look at my sig for more details

And what will that do Xbox? They know our name, addy, phone number, ect....

We are stupid, but not dumb! :devious2:

Originally posted by raz0r
and sorry i think it's humane, its differnt than me going to a hospital and getting my first knuckle cut off.

uh...dude...no it's not. That's exactly what they do - cut off part of the paw, up to the first knuckle. Otherwise the claws would grow back (if they just cut the claw off).

Originally posted by Seldimis
Hey guys, what about explaining the word "declawed" for non-english people. Thank you !!!

:D :D :D :D :D
uhmm a cat's claws is similar to the nails on your fingers
declawing a cat means surgically removing them. like byrdgirl13 said you could just clip them (cut part of it off, like you do with your nails) but they'll just grow back over time.

Now take a look at your finger and bend it. You'll see three parts at a different angle. Now imagine cutting the first part of it off (just a bit below the nail).

That's basically what happens to the cat. In order to remove its claws they remove both the claw itself and the bone it's connected to up to the first joint.

There's a picture that makes more sense on the page at the first link in the first post of me in this thread. The part to the right of the red line if what they remove.

Hope that made it a bit clearer.

Oh c'mon now. That's like saying having your tonsels removed is inhumane. If it's done while it's young, the cat doesnt even know it's supposed to have them (claws, not tonsels...LOL). The description above of how they are ripped out is pure and simple bull....they get put asleep for the process. Seriously, wanna try declawing a cat while it's awake??

But there is always some activist out there for every little detail available. I'm sure there is some group out there that thinks feeding dogfood to my fish (Oscars) is inhumane. Probably some others that think it's inhumane to the mice I feed to my fish. As far as I'm concerned, cutting an animal's nuts off is far more cruel than declawing....but you'll see that the activists are all for the ball chopping process.....so what's the deal with the nail chopping bit?? I'd much rather have my first knuckles cut off than my nuts.

Back