• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

5 Free Accounts. PHP, ASP, MySQL, pop3, Unlimited Traffic, Domain or Subdomain.

spikeless

We are a new reseller of a well established web hosting company, looking to create a bit of exposure for our services. We are hoping to find five people/companies with quality websites who are looking for professional web hosting. If you are interested please PM me with details of your requirements and a link to your existing site or an example of the site you intend. If you need additional services to those listed below please contact me and if your site is acceptable we will do our best to meet your needs.

FEATURES
------------
Your domain or yoursite.asylum.gen.nz
UNIX/LINUX or Windows 2000 Advanced Professional Servers
5mb Space (if your site generates sufficient traffic we will consider more)
ASP 3
PHP 4.1.2
5 x MySQL 4.0.12 Dbs
5 x pop3 boxes
Webmail
Email forwarding
Analog/Webalizer Stats
Custom Error Pages (on request)
phpMyAdmin
FrontPage 2002 Extensions
FTP Access with multiple users
SSL
Subdomains (on request)

YOUR REQUIREMENTS
---------------------------
1) You must have an existing, quality website (its ok if it hosted on a temporary server to demo), and provide a link in your message.
2) Higher traffic is a plus, but not a must.
3) You must not upload any illegal content ie no warez or mp3 sites.
4) You must display a 'powered by' logo on your site. We dont want to ruin the look of your site so this can be of any size you choose and we are happy to customise it to suit your design so long as it is reasonably visible. The logo will link to our site.

This is not a host which will disappear in a few months. We have been around for five years now offering web development and are about to relaunch with hosting as one of our additional services. Should you be accepted you will have free hosting for as long as our company exists. If the free hosting generates enough traffic we will look at upgrading the space to 10mb.

Our decision will be made on Wendesday 16th and we will notify the successful applicants then.

Thanks,

Spikeless

Thanks for all the applications so far. The quality of some of the sites has been outstanding.

Keep them coming, we will make our decision on Wednesday.

Cheers,

Spikeless

ooflyeyesoo,
5 mb of space is not alot :-/ i could run a high traffic site off 5

5mb is not a huge amout of space but is enough for most businesses. We have been developing sites for five years and 90% of our sites use less than 5mb including full ecommerce enable sites.

For an example :
The average website has 6-10 pages, we will assume 10.
5000 / 10 = 500 (5mb divided by num of pages).
Thats 500k per page. Far too large for any page if you are catering to 56k users (who still make up the bulk of internet users).
The 5mb would have to be spread over at least 50 pages (which almost no sites have) before the page size would be bearable to 56k users. And even 100k per page is a bit large.

Your comment doesn't make much sense anyway as you say the space is too small then say you COULD run a high traffic site off that. I'm assumung you ment COULDN'T but still, bandwidth has nothing to do with space. You can store up to 5mb on our host but you han have as much traffic as you like - bandwidth is unlimited.

My last comment is this :
It is free, and it is quality hosting. If you are not interested, don't complain, just don't sign up.

Thanks,

Spikeless

Back