• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

4Forum Opens!

shockfire

4Forum, the forum that lets you talk about anything and everything (within reason :)) is now open!

http://www.4forum.com

Please take a look an tell me what you think! You can post in this thread or post on the 4Forum website :)

Also, if anyone is interested, there will soon be a competition to celebrate the launch of 4Forum. The competition will be started soon, within the next two or three days. Keep an eye on the competitions forum :)

Moderators: I'm pretty sure this is the right forum to post this in, if not I apologize.

Thanx for your input :)

I was thinking of only putting the category names on the first page, and then linking them to each category, but the skin and phpBB wouldn't let me do that, unless i start editing code.

And i'll change cheating to cheats straight away.

the domain is kinda hard to pronounce and it doesnt realy tell that the site is 4 every topic you might wana try sumtin like forum4everyting or sumtin like that.

yeah. i'd agree with that, but still I really liked the domain lol.

I thought it was quite a catch, and iv'e been told by two different experts that the domain is *worth* in the region of $400-$600.

I was quite impressed lol.

Good domain; poor concept...

I don't think these "talk about everything" forums ever catch on. People like to talk about COMPUTERS on a computer site and CARS on a car site (etc, etc, etc.).

I don't think people are inclined to just come across some forum site* with a bunch of categories and think "Hmm, I think I'll post some stuff in the FOOTBALL forum!"

Maybe you'll prove me wrong... :)

* It's not really a site, is it? It's just a massive forum. Having some content and links (etc.) might make it better?

Where did you get the categories hack at the top, and how do you make the forums change colour when you go over them? [Which hacks?]

I'd guess the forums changing color is a Javascript onMouseOver....

BUT HOLY SHIT THATS A LOT OF FORUMS

lol :)

Yes, the roll-over effects are jscript.

And for the category "hack" i made myself.

Good domain; poor concept...

I'd have to agree with you to be honest, when I found that domain I thought it was pretty rare finding something like that nowadays. But the concept isn't going to work, and in the future maybe i'll remake it into something else. I think the demand for chatting on forums is already met by the large amount of communities out there :)

Just wondering i think youve done somthing illegal, you removed the copyright from the skin and replaced it with your own name? i dont think thats right...if you didnt do this im sorry but i just think its inhumain to not leave a very small text link ;)

Actually, you are wrong.

Theme created by Trushkin

The link is there, at the bottom, always has been and so long as I use this template, always will be.

I strongly believe people should get credit for their work. I even added a large phpBB button link at the bottom, to make sure it is noticed.

There is nothing illegal on 4Forum.com, and I apologize for saying this, but please read things before making accusations. The copyright notice is exactly the same as when I downloaded the template, but with this line added to the end:

Copyright © 2003, 4Forum.com. All Rights Reserved.

I know the link was there but i thought the other line said like 'copyright ------ productions'
I NEVER accused you of anything, i said 'just wondering' and i apploigzed if i was wrong in the post before :chinese2:

Back