• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

32x CD-RW writes at 16x

dapcgenius

i bought a Polaroid 32x10x40... (don't laugh... it was on sale;) )... it writes at 16x using NERO any suggestions...

With Nero I know you can set the write speed at whatever you like. Make sure you have it set at 32x. Also, make sure you CD-Rs are capable of that write speed...

Chances are you will just get errors when you try to write at 32x Does it have buffer under run protection?

Originally posted by Toefur
Are 32x CD's even available? :confused: :confused:
Absolutely. I see 40x readily available all the time. Perhaps the land down under is just a tad slower than the rest of the world.

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Chances are you will just get errors when you try to write at 32x Does it have buffer under run protection?
yeah it won't work that well if you write it at full speed.

I am pretty satisfied with my 8x8x32 writer, I what is the point in being really fast. The main reason why anyone would want speed is to burn multiple copies. Most people are burning one disk at a time, and it only takes me a few minutes as it is

80/8=10 minutes at the very most

Originally posted by Bruce
Well, with a 40x you could do it in 2 minutes.
But unless you have a fast computer it is gonna be a few tries before you burn the CD properly in most cases.

Originally posted by guitarnerd

But unless you have a fast computer it is gonna be a few tries before you burn the CD properly in most cases.
No kidding. I can't burn a cd at more than 1x, and even then it's still a challenge.

No kidding. I can't burn a cd at more than 1x, and even then it's still a challenge.

ROTFLMAO

Still using that whatever-peice-of-crap 450mhz cpu and you only have 1 mb left of free space on it?? ;)

That must of been state-of-art five years ago.

Anyways, I am having a good time with my Cyberdrive 16X/12X/40X... super fast with buffer protection.

Originally posted by Daniel

ROTFLMAO

Still using that whatever-peice-of-crap 450mhz cpu and you only have 1 mb left of free space on it?? ;)
Just let it all out. Laugh while you still can.

My birthday's coming up fast :devious2:

Originally posted by Giancarlo
What are you gonna get?

As of right now, it's gonna look something like this:
- AMD Athlon XP 2000+
- Asus/Abit/MSI board with RAID (still unsure at this point)
- 1 GB Corsair PC2700 DDR RAM
- (2) 80 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drives in RAID 0
- GeForce 4 TI4600 128MB DDR w/ TV-Out and DVI
- 16X DVD ROM
- 32x12x40 CD RW
- SB Audigy Platinum
- 1.44MB Floppy
- some NIC
- Aluminum case with 8 fans and 500 watt PSU
- Klipsch Promedia's (either the 4.1s or 5.1s)
- 19 or 21" Flat Screen CRT Monitor

None of that is finalized, but it'll be something along those lines.

That will be one impressive machine! If I were you, and this is just a suggestion, instead of getting a flat screen save the money and buy dual processors.

As of right now, it's gonna look something like this:

None of that is finalized, but it'll be something along those lines.

Now is all of that really necessary?

Dual processers are usually useless unless you do multi-tasking.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Giancarlo

Now is all of that really necessary?
Probably not, but I only upgrade once every 4 years or so... so why the hell not?
By the time I go to upgrade that machine it'll be outdated just like my current machine is now.

Guitarnerd, if I don't get a flat screen (flat screen, not flat panel), what do you suggest I get?

Back