• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

$3.95 domains

No, that is just one year on Yahoo!. And you can order multiple ones, you just have to setup multiple usernames. :) (Not that I've done it before or anything. ;))

The catch is that they make it rather difficult to transfer your domain, in case you choose to go with a new registrar. :(

Yeah. And as long as you didn't need to transfer your domain away, it's fine. So I can't really recommend against it - just make sure that's where you want to register it!

If you buy a domain for one year, then cancel it, would you be able to register it with a different registrar?

No. If you want to guarantee that you would be able to keep it, you would need to transfer it before it expired.

Or they have some system in place that automatically registers your domain as it expires (if you choose to not renew it via them) and they resell it or use it and park it with tons of adverts on it..

I advise to stay away from Hostway. I have been working with them for over 3 years now and recently I were loosing my a few domains to due their records...

too bad support as well...

hostway they used to be good support and everything but lately only way to get the support is by the phone and have to wait for at least 15 min.

Just so you guys know. With yahoo domains you dont acctually ¨OWN¨ the domiain yahoo does. If you read the TOS I think it says so.

Back