• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

2GB Transfer?

lpok

Do you guys think 2GB of data transfer is enough for 300-600 unique vistors daily? I don't have any downloads or media files. Just HTML, Graphics, and a forum. I'm new at pay hosting, any advice?

It has ALL to do with the size of your pages and very indirectly has to do with the number of vistors the site receives (as a result of the size of the pages).

Hello
To give you an idea, the heaviest web site I host has over 500,000 page views per month and is using 2 - 3 GB per month

OK, its mainly text based but they have a 10GB plan and they are nowhere near using it all.

Most hosts are quite accommodating when it comes to bandwidth on shared servers.
We only contact users if they go over more than one month in a row and we only have the alarms set to alert us when sites go over 10GB.

I would say, go with 1GB and you should be able to upgrade as and when you need the extra.

Gordon

I think I'll go with the plan with 4GB of transfer, just a couple of bucks more. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Back