• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

25gb Space 5,000 Gig Bandwidth

shotmillions

Need 25gig space (or more) and 5,000 GIG BANDWIDTH with options to upgrade in the future if needed!

Need php mysql and general stuff also...

Also what about unlimited bandwidth hosts how unlimited are they? since i know truely unlimited doesnt exist.

Hosted on linux pref

What type of Control Panel do you need and what is your budget?

Your bandwidth is rather high and you won't find anything like that that isn't oversold.

As far as unlimited bandwidth, unmetered bandwidth exists, which is basically unlimited. Its the harddrive that isn't unlimited.

I can work out a deal for you, just need a price range, and panel type. I offer cPanel

Let me know if interested!

For your requirements you are talking about a rather large dedicated server (bandwidth-wise)
Or, if you lower your bandwidth, you could get a VPS to suit the space requirements or a large reseller.
What is your budget? That should be interesting.

There is no host that can provide you 5000 GB of bandwidth. It's impossible. Only dedicated servers can provide you with that much. Hosts that say they provide that much bandwidth will probably suspend your account at a certain point. To be on the safe side I would say look for a host that doesn't oversell.

This thread just shows how companies like 1and1 and HostGator etc. throw off the new comers to the hosting industry. I wish you luck in finding your requirements unless you truly do have a budget to suit that.

Regards,
IzzeHost.Com

Post your budget and we can come up with a custom solution.
Dedicated would be the way to go.
Also post the type of content you would be hosting on this server.
Thanks.

Need 25gig space (or more) and 5,000 GIG BANDWIDTH with options to upgrade in the future if needed!

Need php mysql and general stuff also...

Also what about unlimited bandwidth hosts how unlimited are they? since i know truely unlimited doesnt exist.

Hosted on linux pref

You won't find 5,000GB bandwidth on a shared plan, and if someone offers it to you, I can bet you you'll be cut off after 200GB or so.

You won't find 5,000GB bandwidth on a shared plan, and if someone offers it to you, I can bet you you'll be cut off after 200GB or so.

That is correct. No one will offer you near that much without overselling. A dedicated server is best for you. If you want to order one from us use promo code $ave to save 1$ off.

Your disk space requirement also sounds ridiculous for a shared plan. Not all the VPS plans can give you that.
A big VPS or a dedicated hosting solution may be the way here. What are your actual requirements? Start with a smaller plan and upgrade as your needs grow.
So, a company that will be able to upgrade could be fine here. MediaTemple.com, Serverpoint.com, Rackspace.com could do that for you.

Ok you need unlimited resources. Even though our latest technology doesn't allow us such freedom but if you want to please your own heart you can get some of the ones advertised here: www.ebay.com.

Like all others here I would say don't fall for the things like Unlimited or resources that are just too good to be true. Trust me, they are and this is when they will kick you off.

1) When your site really does start to take the load more than the server could handle.

Some of the excuses they will give

1) You are running some kind of script which is clogging the server.
2) People who visit your site constantly brute force and as a security measure they had to suspend your account.

If you already have a site and it takes that much resources then you are better off getting a dedicated server from www.theplanet.com, they provide better bandwidth connectivity than some other ones I've used.

The disk space requirement 25 GB is possible, but 5000GB bandwidth for a single account in a shared server is not possible.

Well
this is somethingall said
For Bandwidth you need some hosting with unmetered Bandwidth
We have that Facility BUT how can you use 5,000 GB
Is it file sharing ... if it is : you MUST have a large server
if not
try to low your specs and we can work something out

N.B. : No proplem with the space ... the Major proplem is B/W

I can give you 5TB of transfer a month. Just tell me what you plan to use it for?

That's the correct first question!

You can get 25/5000, at a price, in whatever format, shared/vps/dedi but the reason would be a better guide to see what is required outside the space/transfer figure.

You can get 25/5000, at a price, in whatever format, shared/vps/dedi but the reason would be a better guide to see what is required outside the space/transfer figure.
Exactly. Not all dedicated servers are on an unmetred connection - if your host owns their own servers they're either doing one of two things: renting a metred rack - or renting an unmetred rack (which typically costs twice as much). If it's metred then they probably couldn't offer you 5000GB on a server.

If your host owns their own datacentre - well then it is technically possible to offer unmetred bandwidth on shared hosting (1and1, HostGator, etc). Which would translate into about 2TB monthly bandwidth MAX. How? connect enough 100mbits connections together, sharing the b/w load between a large number of servers most likely split into several VPS to make the shared accounts somewhat manageable, and you can guarantee such a thing.

But there may still be times of bandwidth lag for your hosting account - which is why most people would recommend at least a VPS for your situation.

Last edited:
If your host owns their own datacentre - well then it is technically possible to offer unmetred bandwidth on shared hosting (1and1, HostGator, etc). Which

I can't help myself but to correct your example. Hostgator doesn't own their own DC. They rent from ThePlanet who owns the DC and the servers they use.

Fair enough, and I'll add that at the end of the day hosts who offer #XXX+GB bandwidth/unmetered bandwidth on shared do have a business strategy; and they're not all equal. Some may be reliable, others are not, and even the reliable ones do have server lag, and their customers I imagine would regularly face "out of disk space" warnings since the administration has to moved them between VPS's (or servers) to continue offering very high disk space (assuming they allocate very high disk space amounts - not all do this either, iWeb for example offers unmetered B/W but starts the disk space at 5GB not 500GB!)

Fair enough, and I'll add that at the end of the day hosts who offer #XXX+GB bandwidth/unmetered bandwidth on shared do have a business strategy; and they're not all equal. Some may be reliable, others are not, and even the reliable ones do have server lag, and their customers I imagine would regularly face "out of disk space" warnings since the administration has to moved them between VPS's (or servers) to continue offering very high disk space (assuming they allocate very high disk space amounts - not all do this either, iWeb for example offers unmetered B/W but starts the disk space at 5GB not 500GB!)

Agreed. I would be scared on 'unmetered' unless they are offering dedicated servers in which case it could be unmetered...Just you may not get what your hoping for. 100MB Unmetered may very well mean a 100MB NIC and the bandwidth not being monitored. In which case, if they have a T1 and your the only customer....you're getting 1.5MB :)

Just be careful.

Back