• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

25 to 50mb space, php, mysql and 3 to 5gb of bandwith needed

yea i've used all those, dont like any and im planning to use a portal with the site, not just a forum.

i just cant afford pay web hosting, believe me if i could i would go pay.

For something you haven't created yet, you are asking a lot. I would suggest a remotely hosted board until you see how your community grows. If you can succeed in getting say 50 members, then try for a host for your own board. Everyone dreams of having a 2000 active member community, but very few ever achieve that. Start small and see if it is worth the hassle :)

I recommend using a remote host for all forums with less than 100 members. Once you reach that plateau, I recommend that you move on to hosting a free script on a paid host. Notice that free webhosts never come into this picture - they are just too unreliable. Unless you have an established community already, I wouldn't count on getting more than 20 members.

3 - 5GB??? Jeez... my community has only sucked up about 700MB of bandwidth so far... and it's already over half way through the month. My forum isn't that big but it has a few members more than one who is considering to start a community.

Get an ezBoard first before giving yourself a brain ache trying to find a host with those specifications.

Originally posted by dsgdevil
some people dont know how much 1 gig of bandwidth is.

I dont think it is the fact that they dont know how much it is, they think that sites take a lot more than they really. I run a sim website that really is all files, and it doesnt even use 5gb transfer a month. Close, but not quite.

Back