• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

25 lines..yet again....this is 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many server specs do you need?

CPU, RAM, Line speed, OS, and control panel?

Maybe this is a better way to put it... If I were in a room with a bunch of hosts, and I requested hosting verbally to everyone, I would want simple answers, I wouldn't want you to talk my ear off about how much progress you're making in the industry.

That's just me though, and like T^2 said, we arent going to convince anyone of anything.

This isn't going to get anywher...the main thing is that THERE IS MORE THAN ONE TYPE OF PEOPLE meaning there is MORE THAN ONE KIND OF REQUEST AND REPLIES.

So to say that the rule is there because people don't need that much information is ridiculous, but to say that the rule is there because the forum doesn't want posts that go on and on is acceptable. But my issue is that now you're trying to tell people what and how to reply and how to run their business. And that is neither here nor there. Don't try to justify a rule by making such a generalization.

Let's close this thread now because there's nothing constructive going on, just a clash of views from one side that has power and another that doesn't...not a very fair fight is it.

This isn't going to get anywher...the main thing is that THERE IS MORE THAN ONE TYPE OF PEOPLE meaning there is MORE THAN ONE KIND OF REQUEST AND REPLIES.

So to say that the rule is there because people don't need that much information is ridiculous, but to say that the rule is there because the forum doesn't want posts that go on and on is acceptable. But my issue is that now you're trying to tell people what and how to reply and how to run their business. And that is neither here nor there. Don't try to justify a rule by making such a generalization.

Let's close this thread now because there's nothing constructive going on, just a clash of views from one side that has power and another that doesn't...not a very fair fight is it.

I agree you wish to be thorough, but keep in mind not a lot of companies think the way you do. Most of them will just post nonsense. The fact is, as said on a number of occasions, if they really care that much about their host, then they would look beyond just the post of specs. What you could try doing, is posting a link (located on your site) with more "in-depth" information, such as snippets from your TOS, links to testimonials, and other, larger, information. Simply put, the 25 line rule works, so why change what is not broken?

Another note: You are basically on the verge of breaking another rule as you are technically "copying" your post, and just having it over and over. All you really change is the specs, and keep the TOS, Uptime, and other "non-crucial" information.

Everything is good in moderation -- keep that in mind.

Well what can I say, I like to live on the edge.

Can I request for this thread to be closed now or would that be on the verge of breaking another rule?

[sarcasm]
Can I request for this thread to be closed now or would that be on the verge of breaking another rule?
[/sarcasm] ??? No rule breaking now! :) FWS does have rather strict rules, but WHT is worse with rules.

cpu, hdd, os, ram, ips, control panel, price
8 (not 5) before I even get to ask other details

Look at first I agreed but I have a problem with what your saying. Your not paying jan or peo for there free advertising.

Look at first I agreed but I have a problem with what your saying. Your not paying jan or peo for there free advertising.

Lol so your saying by being part of this forum Peo and Jan have the right to tell me how to run my business and how I should enteract in a social setting?

I'm saying, make a rule and I'll deal with it (and the infractions) but when you start to justify the rules with such ridiculous generalizations in an attempt to convince me that a clearly flawed rule is completely in the right, I have a hard time buying that.

The rules has now been clarified for me so I will use a not widescreen monitor to count the lines (this should be written clearly in the rules in my humble opinion and not placed with another rule regarding signatures which may or may not appear in the same thread).

Anyways, I think what I tried to get across with this thread has been accomplished so any generous mods out there want to close this for me?

Alright, I think this has gone on long enough for either party. The situation is very clear now, JUST DON'T GO PAST 25 LINES WHILE USING A 1024X768 RESOLUTION SCREEN.

The rest of the information in your post IS UP TO ANYONE, AND EVERYONE'S DISCRETION SO LONG AS YOU DO NOT GO PAST 25 LINES AND PERTAIN TO THE OTHER RULES.

So once again, unless your post is directly relating to the first post (COMMENTING ON THE 25 LINES RULE), you are posting off-topic replies and therefore posting for the sake of arguing. This applies for both sides (same for you Tang).

So to quickly paraphrase my key points:
- JUST DON'T GO PAST 25 LINES USING A 1024x768 RESOLUTION SCREEN
-IS UP TO ANYONE, AND EVERYONE'S DISCRETION SO LONG AS YOU DO NOT GO PAST 25 LINES AND PERTAIN TO THE OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS

Since the issue regarding the first post has been formally and officially resolved by Jan and Dan, we will no longer benefit from any further information, any further replies, and any future inquiries. Therefore, we humbly ask either / any of the administrators or moderators (those relating to the thread and those who do not) to please close this thread.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post, I hope you had as much fun reading it as I had writing it (no sarcasm implied :)).

And thanks to everyone that replied to this thread (those supporting and those who do not), we value your opinions (honestly).

*phew*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back