• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

25 line rule flexible?

T^2

[-]
NLC
So I've received 2 infractions worth 2 points each for posting two different offers that were longer than 25 in the past week or so. The first was longer by 3 lines and the 2nd was longer by 2 lines.

I have no problems with the infractions as I did go over the 25 lines, however, I've seen several offers over the 25 line that have not been removed like my posts have.

So I'm just looking for some clarification. There is absolutely no flex room on this rule? And I'm just hoping for some more consistency :).

I know I'm going to get one of the mods telling to just report the posts that are over 25 lines....but it's not really my responsibility to do that...that's what mods are for...to moderate and monitor the forums. Just asking for more consistency.

Anyways, just two cents.

So I've received 2 infractions worth 2 points each for posting two different offers that were longer than 25 in the past week or so. The first was longer by 3 lines and the 2nd was longer by 2 lines.

I have no problems with the infractions as I did go over the 25 lines, however, I've seen several offers over the 25 line that have not been removed like my posts have.

So I'm just looking for some clarification. There is absolutely no flex room on this rule? And I'm just hoping for some more consistency :).

I know I'm going to get one of the mods telling to just report the posts that are over 25 lines....but it's not really my responsibility to do that...that's what mods are for...to moderate and monitor the forums. Just asking for more consistency.

Anyways, just two cents.

1. When you got the first one, you should have learned from it with the second one. ;)

2. We can't see every single post that's been made. We need to sleep too. That's why we ask members to report them.

3. Regarding flexibility, that's up to Jan and Peo to decide. Personally, I feel they are flexible enough.

Do you have time to read every post per 24 hours? I sure don't. So please report them.

Lol, well those were expected responses with expected attitudes but I will take it :)

I guess I will have to review my offers then heh. I did learn the first time Dan, however at the same time its hard to count lines (including spaces) on a screen since I can only count them accurately after I post it and people are liable to make mistakes. Just wondering if a buffer (1-2 lines) would be okay but I guess not so I will be more careful in the future.

Lol, well those were expected responses with expected attitudes but I will take it :)

I guess I will have to review my offers then heh. I did learn the first time Dan, however at the same time its hard to count lines (including spaces) on a screen since I can only count them accurately after I post it and people are liable to make mistakes. Just wondering if a buffer (1-2 lines) would be okay but I guess not so I will be more careful in the future.

There's a button next to "Submit Reply" called "Preview Post" :p

Yes, I know but even then there's no easy way for me to trace the lines as I have to basically put my finger on the screen and count the lines that way.

But I guess I'll just have to do that then...I'll learn to count to 25 really quickly lol who knows maybe it'll be a cool party trick. Lol jokes.

Yes, I know but even then there's no easy way for me to trace the lines as I have to basically put my finger on the screen and count the lines that way.

But I guess I'll just have to do that then...I'll learn to count to 25 really quickly lol who knows maybe it'll be a cool party trick. Lol jokes.

I count them, simply so I won't be giving infractions to people who don't deserve them. Like, I don't just guess that there's over 25 lines.

Often they are reported by others that have been flagged ;) I personally edit them if they are one or two over.

Often they are reported by others that have been flagged ;) I personally edit them if they are one or two over.

I couldn't be arsed correcting their mistakes. If they have read the rules, in which they should have, then they would know 25 lines is the max.

When your speeding in your car, when you get pulled over, would your excuse be: Well, the person in front of me was speeding, why not fine them as well?

Its unlucky. You got caught, they did not. Just like the police in real life, the moderators cannot be everywhere at the same time.

Checking the number of lines in the ( quick or advanced ) reply :

Code:
javascript:alert(document.vbform.message.value.split("\n").length);

in address bar, quite easy to remember if it's really important to you ...

it would take like 90 seconds to display the amount of lines in the reply and about 360 seconds to have vB force a limit in certain forums ...

When your speeding in your car, when you get pulled over, would your excuse be: Well, the person in front of me was speeding, why not fine them as well?

Its unlucky. You got caught, they did not. Just like the police in real life, the moderators cannot be everywhere at the same time.

Speeding limits have flex room :p No one stops you for going 110 if the speed limit 100. :p

meh, i copped it for 1 line over... take it like a man :p

Seriously tho, i have seen the same, not that i count the lines, but sometimes its obvious :p

You all know we have enabled tables now? That might eliminate a few lines if you use that :)

Back