• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

200 MB

igsites

I'm reformatting my computer and have 2 files that are apprx. 105 MB and 95 MB. I need somewhere to store then for and hour. Anyone know of such a place?

Don't remind me. I already tried. Do you have any idea how long it takes to upload a 100MB files at 1kb/sec? Not to mention the timouts every 15 minutes.

This is the best way to get maximum compression (or at least it has been for me). First use WinZip to zip the file, second get WinACE and make the files into *.ace, last but not least RAR the files with WinRAR... 1-5% increase is a lot when speaking of huge files.

I frequently use http://www.myspace.com to transfer docs with an average transfer rate of 22kb/sec. However, these servers are undoubtedly not capable of uploading so much data (eg 100mb) at a time so do what Dogfood suggested and split the file into segments and then upload. It's a pain but what can you do?

Back