• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

$20/year unlimited webspace, webhosting good or bad?

In other words, it sounds pretty new.

You can take a shot at it and find out, then come back here and tell us all the results.

actually there's a guy over at the webhostdir forums who's just signed up with them. Personally I'm pretty skeptical of those sort of offers, but he seems happy so far (it's only been a day or two, so far though).

I had a look through their site for him, and I thought there was a few odd things mentioned (such as they host 400 000 websites I believe the number was).

I don't know, they just smell fishy to me..

Greg Moore

They have a Linux package coming up.
Check their Forums. If I get it right they have been in a lot of trouble but now everyone is religiously enthusiastic. Even the users seem odd. Fishy-fishy.

What does this have to do with anything? and have you ever heard of stacking?

Originally posted by Giancarlo
People, when you find me an unlimited size hard drive please tell me... thanks!

-and just how many drives would one have to stack to achieve 'unlimited' ? I think the issue is the wording... it makes my skin crawl (and I'd personally never pick a host that uses that word in relation to how much trnasfer or space you get).

yeah i want an unlimited space hard drive too, please i will pay you a lot of money for one; preferable 7200 rpm

I've lurked at the TacidBlue forum the latest week. There is only one word for it - confusion! They have added a UNIX account now. I *think* they no longer support more than one doamain/account. I'm not sure. Nobody there is shore about anything :D

Seen the http://www.tacidhost.com site? Looks like donhost just killed off their Linux plans. I personally think if you go with this hosting company you're going to be a pretty unhappy person most of the time, if quality services is your thing... :)

Greg Moore

*lol* The users fault, eh?
I could have been interested in the 5 domain deal even if they looked crappy. Was thinking one could use a place like that as kind of nursery. If a site is biginning to work - zoooom - off it goes to a real host. :D:D

Originally posted by kunal
is it that tuff to understand?? unlimited does not exist!!

I guess they mean mad space but lets take Xoom(NCBI), do they got unlimited space or just something like 40 gigs till they have to add another server if that shit runs out of space?

if the have unl. HD's it would mean they it takes unl. times to lookup something on the HD ... so those hosts are unl. slow .... don't take them ...

Back