• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

2 Req Shoutcast & File Host Hosting

DJboutit

I am looking for shoutcast hosting 30 @ 56k & 30 @ 128k looking for a good deal

Also looking for hosting for a file host need 10TB to 20TB space 50TB to 100TB bandwith maybe not that much space

Im going to be honest here. Any host that offers you 10 to 20tb of space is overselling and the second you attempt to do anything that is going to even use up a small percentage of that they will suspend you. Same goes for the bandwidth.

If you really need that kind of space and bandwidth I suggest getting a full dedicated or a cluster of them.

Well, lets do some quick math here;

A 1tb drive, at the cheap end right now, is what, around 100? you need 10-20 of these, so thats about 2,000 of just hardware costs. Not including bandwidth costs for this much data, yep you are pretty much well into the thousands a month.

I'm hard pressed to even think of a website that could use this much. W

So I'm assuming my offer via PM was also too high? The 1 TB space, 10 TB bandwidth for $400?

If you're wanting some serious space and bandwidth like your OP states, then you would need something more like the CDN service that I was offering or similar, or just go with a cluster of dedicated servers from 10tb.com or something (as you get 10 TB bandwidth per month on a 1 Gigabit line). But even then, the servers will cost in the thousands easy and getting bandwidth directly from top tier providers will be in the thousands as well, so I don't know what you're really expecting for a budget under $400. :-\ There's only so much you can do before it gets expensive.

Good luck though, and let us know how it goes. :)

I assume you've been looking at offers from hosts like HostGator? These type of hosts are called oversellers. They sell more space than they have, usually limiting your usage by some clause in their TOS. If you realistically need that much space, then you'll need thousands of dollars per month.

What is the real amount of disk space that you currently need?

I assume you've been looking at offers from hosts like HostGator? These type of hosts are called oversellers. They sell more space than they have, usually limiting your usage by some clause in their TOS. If you realistically need that much space, then you'll need thousands of dollars per month.

What is the real amount of disk space that you currently need?

Indeed. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overselling for a more detailed explanation.

DJboutit

TG offers shoutcast servers and they are currently on sale! However I would need some information on what type of music you are playing and if you are currently (or planning to pay) paying royalties for the mp3's you broadcast?

I know some downloading and radio sites that get hundreds of thousands hits a month and never push into over 5tb of bandiwth and or space not sure why you would need it

Hello,

I could offer you the space you want but below would be the costs!:

Stock package:
50GB Space
500GB Transfer
Cpanel + All the goodies
$25/month

You required 5TB space and 10TB transfer thats an extra 4950GB Space and 9500GB transfer.

Additional Space costs $2475/month ($.50/GB)
Additional Bandwitdh Costs $2375/month ($.25/GB)

Total Costs $4875/month

If interested I can set this all up for you, if not please consider your requests!

BlueTurbo file hosting cloud would work for you for serving the files and the bandwidth.
We do not oversell, 10-20TB of space will require you to have your own storage server connected to the cloud.

Back