• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1t3

WKD

Has anyone very used 1T3.com before ? I joined them a few weeks back to get an account with them. They basically offer Unlimited Disk Space, Unlimited POP3, Unlimited Bandwidth (well when it works). All for $15 a year. GAH.

Wince then I have uploaded some stuff onto my FTP, I was using my site for a day or so then noticed it wasn't working any more. I did some pings to find the server was down or offline. Since then I have been monitoring the server's uptime, or should I say downtime. They manage to maintain 80% (or more) downtime every week !

When the few times the server IS online, it only goes very very slow. The FTP is very slow indeed, I have upload speeds of 200 bps. The website speed is somewhat a little faster tho, the pages take a while but I have seen slower sites before.

I had a Host0nce account at the start of the year, and that was horribly slow aswel. Even Host0nce had very large amounts of downtime. Host0nce always said to me they are working on it and that I should just wait. However from looking a my Host0nce account, the connection speed has greatly improved and I am very impressed. It doesn't look like 1t3 are going to get it right tho.

I am always emailing them, maybe once, twice, upto 6 times a day to ask why the server is down and when will it be back online. The only responce I get is something like, "We are working on it, thank you".

Their own website is hosted on a fast serer provided by netmar.com if it was hosted on their customers server, noone would ever signup because it would never been online.

I an able to see into the /home/ directory of the server. It apears that the server I am using hold about 200+ hosting accounts. I can't understand when they have so many account, why they are just sitting on the problem.

The server address I am using is DOMAINRESOLVE.NET, this doesn't provide any information about the hosting company behind this domain. I know its a resellers package what I am using, but I would like to know whos it from. I know several other hosting companies use the same domain as this for their name servers as you'll see from google.

What is the company behind this domainresolve.net domain / resellers package, it has a different domain to 1t3.com so I presume they are not the same. I don't think they are the same anyway.

That domain runs from the IP 66.28.166.123, from looking at the traces, this is owned by cogentco.com. Is this a bandwidth problem, or is it that 1t3 don't know what a server actually is.

1T3, I think they should change their name to 128bps.com. You'll also notice that their website is a ripp, i don't know where its copied from, but I know it is.

Thanks for your help

Well the main problem is your paying 15$/year for unlimited space and bandwidth.

Its probily because the server is overloaded if its cogent it would be on a fast line most likly the lines capped or the most obvious one would be over loaded server.

To be perfectly honest the fact you can see the /home/ dir realy does surprise me.... Can you see into other's web sites. if you can see /home/ you probily can... If you can see into other's sites I would remove anything important you might have on your site or any information thats personal taken off ASAP cause anyone could download it.

Like I said, I keep sending them lots of email to bug them about their dowmtime. I think from their responce and the website news that they are a new company.

I have just had an email off them...

We have received another Plesk server but our CPanel server still needs configurations on some parts.

In my opinion, it wants a hammer !

I'm a new user to the web hosting world. I foolishly paid ($25) and registered a domain name with them 3 weeks ago, and since I emailed them back and forth why my account is not activated... They only said they are woking on it, be patient.

Now can someone tell me how to take the Domain name I registered and go to other web hosting company? Thank you in advance.

Hi, guys

I bought their reseller package, it is garbage. OH, man. I can not bear it any more and I cancel my account.

By the way, why not try this registrar to register a domain 7.9$/y
or lower.

www.dialtonenet.com

Re: Re: 1t3

Originally posted by tanchi
Now can someone tell me how to take the Domain name I registered and go to other web hosting company? Thank you in advance.
This is one reason that you shouldn't register a domain with a host. I don't like your chances of getting it back if they haven't activated your account after three weeks.

If you don't have admin access to your domain registrar, unfortunately you can't transfer the name servers to another host :(

I would try and get a refund from them and register another domain name with a reputable domain registrar if I were you.

Allways register a domain seperate from a host... This is just because many hosts can go out of business or if you get bad service you can move away and cancel your account and they can do nothing about it.

Many people say it on htis board time and time again Cheap and unlimited mean's trouble. Anything and unlimited means trouble.

Just stay away from unlimited space/bandwidth.

Back