• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1planhost, existshost.com or jodohost?

boborg

1planhost, existshost.com, jodohost or winlogical?

I want to leave webhost4life.com. Their customer service is fine but their line speeds are just awfull.

Anyway what I need is 50 mb space or more, MSSQL, ASP.NET support, PHP support. 5-10 gb traffic/month

I'm down to these 3. 1planhost.com (99/year+35 MSSQL), existshost.com (13.95 month) and jodohost.com (12.95 month).

Update Added winlogical.com (79.99/year +15 MSSQL) and ddihosting.net (4,95 month)

If anybody have any comments on these feel free to write them.

Last edited:
Just a note to the hosts who replied here before, boborg is asking for advice on the three hosts in the title.

If I had the choice of the three, I would use 1planhost.com for stability :)

You might also do a search at www.webhostingtalk.com for the three hosts.

My personal advice would be to always go with a Windows host that has some experience, has been in the industry for sometime and for which you can find both positive and negative reviews.

managing Windows servers is a 24x7 effort that needs qualified and experienced administrators. if you go with a host that has only been serving customers for a few months and offers $5/month packages with 1GB of space, you are in for trouble

JodoHost definately would get my vote
I have a SilverHost reseller plan with them and JodoHost has provided me with the best service so far

I think what makes JodoHost stand out is their customer support and service. Tickets are answered really quick, and I need them to be answered quick because I have my own customers. A typical request to add a Cold Fusion DSN or give DBO permissions to a MSSQL database takes less than 30 minutes to be answered. During one night one of my customer's website had gone down (she waked me up!) due to an ASP.NET issue. Submitted a ticket (around 3am) and they fixed it in 10 minutes with an apology (it was apparently a server issue). More recently, JodoHost has started offering Live support over Chat. Just have to click on their live chat link on their site and I have always been able to chat with someone on the last few occasions I used it. Talked to Rajneesh and Deepak if I am correct. Another good thing is that at JodoHost, you can deal with their techs personally. Stephen, of of their techs, is very helpful on their forums and I dropped him a personal email which he got back to quickly. I have also exchanged a few emails with Yash (their CTO) and he was also very professional and helpful. Rajneesh is very helpful over Live chat and the ticket system. They got a few other people who have answered tickets for me out of which Deepak has also been very helpful and quick on my tickets.

Of course, I don't expect every host to be perfect and I have had some problems. They are facing some nasty ASP.NET issues on Win6, the server I am on. Occasionally (once in 4 or 5 days), my site goes down for 5 or 10 minutes with Resource errors. Stephen (at their forum) however indicated that they are working on it and are close to a solution. JodoHost is not a very big company as I earlier thought, they only have 10 to 15 servers if I am correct (counting the server aliases in my reseller CP). They are also based in New Delhi, India, I was not really too concerned but then again I was a little. However, I found it surprising to know that Stephen (one of JodoHost's techs) lives in Texas so they are also hiring in the US although most of their staff is Indian. They have a US phone number which I have never really used though

In a nutshell, a very good experience. They are a professional company with alot of potential :)

Hi. Thanks for comments, I'll pass your thanks to the team

Regarding the ASP.NET issue on Win6. We are close to a solution. It seems this is a known issue: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825680. We'll be contacting Microsoft Technical Support in the morning to download the hot-fix. Everything should be fixed by then otherwise we plan to move Win6 to a new server.

I agree with JodoHost that you should look for a Windows web host with experience and appreciate your kind referral Jan. A lot of people do not take the time to research potential host and end up regretting their decisions when trouble comes.

In addition to webhostingtalk.com you may also want to check the reviews at hostsearch.com and http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/search/ The later will tell you a lot about the company as far as how many domains they host and how many per server. This is very important these days with so many hosts overselling their servers.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Back