• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1and1 vs namecheap vs godaddy

1and1 takes ages to register a domain, takes ages to change dns settings, their whole system is slow because i think there is some human authentication involved in it, which obviously takes longer. imho its almost worth the extra few dollars to buy a domain at godaddy, because their services and updates are instant.

You should also try Zero Registry. They include free privacy, they usually only take about ~4 hours to setup your domain, and all changes from initial setup, such as DNS, are instant. I have four domains with them, and they haven't let me down yet.

Also, the best part, if you run a reseller or need your own nameservers, you can create them in your control panel, without having to contact them nor anyone else!

Namecheap. By far. Use a coupon, for example, AprilBuzz, to get domain registration for $7.99 and free WHOIS. Cheaper is hardly ever better, or though you don't want to be ripped off...duh!

Seems like namecheap is good! I have used both godaddy and 1and1 domains, and I will most likely be registering my next domain at namecheap :0

Namecheap is the best have like 7 domains there. Almost instant dns propagation ( i do no think word instant goes with word dns ). And nice support.

I Used 1and1 for my domain and hosting, yup theyre hosting is pretty expensive but there domains are fair. RECCOMMENDED

I don't know if it is too late but I just had to register here to say....

STAY AWAY FROM 1and1

These guys are nothing but scam artists. I have had a number of clients have major problems with them including them locking down their accounts AND when they do that you lose access to your domain! These guys are shady.

Namecheap is all I use and recommend to my customers. If you don't go through namecheap then go through enom.

GoDaddy is better, in terms of domain registrations. As for hosting, I wouldn't choose any of the three.

I prefer NameCheap out of those 3. When you want to update your information, it's often instant. Right now I believe they are offering free privacy protection.

We have been using srsplus.com for a year now. Their price is 7.95USD/year for TLDs which seems to be even better than those three ones. ;)

NameCheap

1&1 I've heard dodgy things about
GoDaddy is mega slow and so akward to work
NameCheap just works, and is relatively cheap.

Although I'd go with DomainSite myself.

I only use Namecheap. I may register with other places if they have a good deal but I just transfer to Namecheap. Responses usually less then an hour if having any problems. Great service hands down.

Back