• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1and1 issue

kexhosting

This is directed towards 1and1.com international a webhosting provider.
The intention of this is to get 1and1 to change the way after a trail is over they bill you. In this case the "Free Simple SEO". After seeing the free part,
I went and activated it, then realized it wasn't worth much and thought that it would just cancel if not paid for, instead 3 month later I get billed. The
bill ask me to pay, but then I refuse because after the day i activated it I didn't use it all all, not once. They try to charge me around 14 something
dollars, so I try cancel it, unfortunately I was unaware that I had to get a email and respond to the cancel email, thus the cancel never happened and the service was put on
lock. Okay so I am like oh its locked, I thought it meant it was canceled, I come to find out even when they locked it due to a failed cancel they were still billing me
when I get a letter from the collection agency now my bill is $44.92. I haven't even use the service, if I pay for it they will activate it so its useable again, I myself am like wtf I don't want to pay for it if after
I pay I am going to cancel it and not want it. They are charging me for the next month and before the next month it wasn't even unlocked. So try again to tell
them I don;t want to pay for it cause I don;t want it to conued and its just stupid to charge me if its locked and then send the bill to a collection
agency, they said they are giving me a chance so i don't loose my data, utter bull crap SimpelSEO doesn't hold any data just submits your domain to
a few search engines thats about it. I think they should just tell me they are giving me a chance to ruin my credit. First call to NOC (the
collection agency they sent my bill to) I get connected and the operater disconnects me without answering my questions, I reconnect and finally get help
they say that I have to pay in 30 days or my credit will be affected, (wow I don't even want to pay for it because its for the upcoming months and its locked so what
use is it really), this is the only host I have seen act like this. Good servers but hard to cancel, I don't know what to do they said a dispute is up to 60 days process
but I only have 30 days until they inflict my credit score. I have evidence that many people are having issues canceling with them, plus they have several hundred bad review.
Look here this webmaster actually says that he is making a blog psot because many people are having trouble getting away from 1and1.com .
http://www.vacation-rental-wonderla...to-cancel-service-with-1and1-website-hosting/
What is the best thing to do, I already tried contacting 1and1, they just said sorry about that we can not contact NOC only you want to transfer the call to NOC?

Did you read their terms & condutions before signing up? They require 30 days written notice for a cancellation.

You or 1&1 may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, with or without cause, upon thirty days' written notice. 1&1 may suspend performance under or terminate this Agreement and cease transmission of data associated with Your Web Site immediately and without notice:

Fortunately you only have to pay a small amount and I'd recommend paying it and making sure you have actually cancelled afterwards.

Yeah but Ive never seen such a thing where they want you to pay for the next month, I am more used to the way that it is automatically suspended/terminated if you don't pay. Okay thanks, I guess ill pay for it. Honestly their simpleseo isn't worth much.

1and1cacellation

Be happy you are finding out about 1and1 now. I have been trying to cancel my account since July of 2008. They won't cancel. They just keep adding more and more charges on my cancelled account. Run.:confused4

This is directed towards 1and1.com international a webhosting provider.
The intention of this is to get 1and1 to change the way after a trail is over they bill you. In this case the "Free Simple SEO". After seeing the free part,
I went and activated it, then realized it wasn't worth much and thought that it would just cancel if not paid for, instead 3 month later I get billed. The
bill ask me to pay, but then I refuse because after the day i activated it I didn't use it all all, not once. They try to charge me around 14 something
dollars, so I try cancel it, unfortunately I was unaware that I had to get a email and respond to the cancel email, thus the cancel never happened and the service was put on
lock. Okay so I am like oh its locked, I thought it meant it was canceled, I come to find out even when they locked it due to a failed cancel they were still billing me
when I get a letter from the collection agency now my bill is $44.92. I haven't even use the service, if I pay for it they will activate it so its useable again, I myself am like wtf I don't want to pay for it if after
I pay I am going to cancel it and not want it. They are charging me for the next month and before the next month it wasn't even unlocked. So try again to tell
them I don;t want to pay for it cause I don;t want it to conued and its just stupid to charge me if its locked and then send the bill to a collection
agency, they said they are giving me a chance so i don't loose my data, utter bull crap SimpelSEO doesn't hold any data just submits your domain to
a few search engines thats about it. I think they should just tell me they are giving me a chance to ruin my credit. First call to NOC (the
collection agency they sent my bill to) I get connected and the operater disconnects me without answering my questions, I reconnect and finally get help
they say that I have to pay in 30 days or my credit will be affected, (wow I don't even want to pay for it because its for the upcoming months and its locked so what
use is it really), this is the only host I have seen act like this. Good servers but hard to cancel, I don't know what to do they said a dispute is up to 60 days process
but I only have 30 days until they inflict my credit score. I have evidence that many people are having issues canceling with them, plus they have several hundred bad review.
Look here this webmaster actually says that he is making a blog psot because many people are having trouble getting away from 1and1.com .
http://www.vacation-rental-wonderla...to-cancel-service-with-1and1-website-hosting/
What is the best thing to do, I already tried contacting 1and1, they just said sorry about that we can not contact NOC only you want to transfer the call to NOC?

1and1 is just a bad business alltogether. But that is just my opinion. I've had numerous domains with them before and was not at all pleased with the server, support nor DNS times.

1and1 run

I got a letter today from the PA BBB. They said they have given up on trying getting a settlement with 1and1 Internet. They suggest I try other avenues including a law suit. Maybe why I can't get remuneration from 1and1 is because they owe me about $2,000.00
Actually I could probably make a case for $50,000. in lost revenue from losing 2 websites and over 700 domain names.

The only way I was able to cancel from 1&1 was to send them a letter first class recorded (in the UK). I tried phoning them, emailing them, nothing worked.

But as soon as I sent a letter with proof of delivery - My account was canceled within 5 days.

1and1cacellation

The only way I was able to cancel from 1&1 was to send them a letter first class recorded (in the UK). I tried phoning them, emailing them, nothing worked.

But as soon as I sent a letter with proof of delivery - My account was canceled within 5 days.

Thanks for the input.

Back