• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1and1.com extremely slow customer support

prem

I just moved to 1and1.com as I wanted a reliable host. All I wanted was a small cname change. They have a 24 hr customer support and I had to call atleast 5 times over 5 days ... and they have not yet made the change. Everytime they say they are sorry for the delay and it seems the agent doesnot have permissions to do the changes and they have to file a request which will be processed by a higher level of support personnel. So basically the guys handling ur calls cannot handle the request and all they say is sorry ... we are handling it as a priority case :confused4 ... its almost a week now ... this cname change is to provide free email from everyone.net ... and none of my 3000 mail users can check mails and I am sure I have already lost half of them ....

Whats the point of having a 24 hr support number if you take 7 days to fix a problem ... I am just hoping that they will someday fix the problem !!!

Yea I've had bad experiences with their online helpdesk as well... 2 Weeks for a simple answer.. and the answer wasnt even very relevant to the question, it was a template answer, no one answered the question just for me. They saw 1 word and were like "oh okay this is the answer"

also, if your doing the email from everyone.net wouldnt you need to change the mx records, not the cname?

both. mx and cname. its the branded email service. mx can be done via the control panel. the cname is for mail.mydomain to point to siteurl.everyone.net

I have about 3 accounts with them and they seem to do fine for me. It might take about a day or less to get an answer but they get the job done and actually answer my ?'s

Romeo :)

prem said:
I just moved to 1and1.com as I wanted a reliable host. All I wanted was a small cname change. They have a 24 hr customer support and I had to call atleast 5 times over 5 days ... and they have not yet made the change. Everytime they say they are sorry for the delay and it seems the agent doesnot have permissions to do the changes and they have to file a request which will be processed by a higher level of support personnel. So basically the guys handling ur calls cannot handle the request and all they say is sorry ... we are handling it as a priority case :confused4 ... its almost a week now ... this cname change is to provide free email from everyone.net ... and none of my 3000 mail users can check mails and I am sure I have already lost half of them ....

Whats the point of having a 24 hr support number if you take 7 days to fix a problem ... I am just hoping that they will someday fix the problem !!!
Somehow that does not surprise me.

Back