• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1and1.com/.co.uk

Blitz-Host

hello,

any one used 1and1 and know can a UK person sign up on there 1and1.com as there 1and1.co.uk is almost twise the price and i dont see why i should pay that for just being uk based...

are there servers any good i am a host atm as a reseller but looking at there server on 1and1.com

Wow awful grammar, but I will respond. I'm not sure about the .com/co.uk issue but let me answer the other question. I have used 1and1. They have moderate service. I dont really like their control panel. Their customer service is awful. They usually respond in a few weeks. I have tried their servers and haven't really liked them. I now use my own servers, being wiser.

I've heard eerie things from them, but apparently they're one of the largest web hosting companies in the world. Whether or not that means anything to you.

Yes, they are one of the largest web hosting companies in the world, and I am a past customer, so speaking from experience, I can tell you their support is awful. If you need help with a technical issue (not how to find something in their average and slow control panel or the FAQ), you'll need to specifically ask them on the phone or in an e-mail, and then wait double the original time of course. I wouldn't recommend them at all.

You can try to sign up at 1and1.com but I doub't you will be able to. I registered some domains with them before and I have had no problems with them. You might want to look into it more and try it for yourself. Make your opinion of them.

Regards,

thanks for all your views guys, really helped. I have e-mailed 1and1 to ask if a UK person can order off there 1and1.com i let you know what they come back with.

Romeo18 said:
You can try to sign up at 1and1.com but I doub't you will be able to. I registered some domains with them before and I have had no problems with them. You might want to look into it more and try it for yourself. Make your opinion of them.

Regards,
I agree with Romeo. I have 10 Domains with them and their support is very fast. I had asked for help a lot of times and within some hours i receive a reply with very good instructions. 1and1.com is the best company in my opinion. Very easy, not like other companies that have a poor old control panel. 1and1.com have a awesome control panel and very neat and easy to use. Also I have an Affiliate link and it really works. I have been getting money with my referral link. So I will recommend them 100% :)

If you cant buy it.. I will be glad to buy it for you and you can pay me by paypal or any other payment method. Domains Only cost $5.00 US and they approve it within some hours. :)

Im using Google Talks if you would like to contact me.
http://www.google.com/talk/

email: jcanonime@gmail.com

Last edited:
this is the reply i got from 1and1

Thank you for contacting us.

Those prices are for our UK service. To sign up on the .com site, you will need a valid North American address (no PO BOX).

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

jcws649 said:
I live in the USA... If you want i can help you with that.
I believe since you offered twice now (and therefore coming close to breaking FWS's rule about affiliate links), I think now would be a good time to stop.

PivotalWebHosting said:
I believe since you offered twice now (and therefore coming close to breaking FWS's rule about affiliate links), I think now would be a good time to stop.
w.e! Im trying to Help.
and i wont use an affiliate link! #$^%^ Im going to use my own account.

this is why they want to charge UK people $10 more for doamin

1and1 said

Thank you for contacting us.

We have to pay more money to the registry.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

I have been with 1&1.co.uk with my domains for a year or so now. I host around 7 domains with them, and they have a range of tools to make using the domains no problem at all.

Should you want hosting though, look elsewhere. Their packages are far too expensive.

I recommend for hosting:
- -------------.co.uk
- compila.com
- hoststuff.co.uk (you need to email them if you are interested though, at hoststuff@earthscore.co.uk

h-log.com said:
Well i had heard bad reviews of that company , they are said to have bad support. So never went with them.

all of there customer services are based in india and dont seem to have a clue what we say to them!

Back