• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

18th Birthday gift?

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
What could a 13yr o. sister give her brother for his 18th burthday.

My sister's friend asked for my oppinion but she rejected all my ideas, heh.
Anyone has some nice ideas for her?

Wojtek said:
What could a 13yr o. sister give her brother for his 18th burthday.

My sister's friend asked for my oppinion but she rejected all my ideas, heh.
Anyone has some nice ideas for her?
Music is usually a good way to go, hard to screw that up.

vouncher would be a good idea. that way you'd get something you like without having to go though the process of getting a refund for something you don't like.

Vouchers (or Gift Certificates as we call them) are pretty much "I dont give a damn" Diplomas. You're better off going with cash cause at least you can use cash anywhere. Unless you get one of those MasterCard gift cards that can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted.

But uh, I say get her parents to buy him a pack of smokes or something.

Depends on what they guy is into. Car/Computers/Music...

Also just because it's his 18th birthday I don't think the present needs to be anything special.

Conscript said:
But uh, I say get her parents to buy him a pack of smokes or something.
Hah. All my friends that turned 19 this year have recieved either fine liquor or cigars from me.
It's a good gift.

when i turned 20, my sister (13 or 14 at the time) made me a bunch of coupons entitling me to a variety of things from 1 free room cleaning/car wash to baked goods to slave for a day.

she got off easy though because i dont live with her and my parents. i'm going to hold her to it though. next time I visit she damn well better bake me some cookies.

I'm not a smoker either, but it seems to be a common trend among some of the people I know here that we go out and buy a pack of smokes on our 18th birthdays just to show that we now legally can. Eh, it's stupid but we do it.

Conscript said:
I'm not a smoker either, but it seems to be a common trend among some of the people I know here that we go out and buy a pack of smokes on our 18th birthdays just to show that we now legally can. Eh, it's stupid but we do it.
The smoking age in America is 18?
I was unaware of that.

er...it is here too...

anyway, yeah. Music, DVD/VHS, something like that. A 13 year old really should not be financially stable to buy anything too crazy.

Blank Verse said:
er...it is here too...

anyway, yeah. Music, DVD/VHS, something like that. A 13 year old really should not be financially stable to buy anything too crazy.
Not in BC/Ontario.

Well, your province needs to get with it :p

well, not smoking. I hate smoking. But as far as alcohol anyway, that one year is no big deal.

http://www.fast-autos.net/store/european.html
miura.jpg

1966 Lamborghini Miura poster.

he's not the one who has to get a present. His sister's friend's brother is turning 18, and she's asking Wojtek what a good present would be, seeing as he is of similar age.

cowax said:
One has to be 18 to purchase them, but anyone can smoke them.

Actually that's true. It is stupid the way the law is written but technically you can smoke them at any age though it is illegal for you to get them.

Of course after the 18th birthday the next big milestone here is 21 where you get to drink!

Back