• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

$15 cpm??

This program may be very iffy since they cant even spell correctly and have terrible grammar.

Exitpopup is © eFront Media, Inc

On eFront Media's website (www.efront.com) FWS.NET get a mention but sadly their 'own' company 'exitpopup' do not. Hardly the impression you would give! :)

http://webmasters.efront.com/dev/Resources/Sponsors/

Also, it's not registered by eFront Media rather by;
Poppelv. 11B 14141 Huddinge, Stockholm,
Huddinge,
14141 Hudd,
SE

With domain servers... not at eFront...
Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.SOFTAWARE.COM 207.155.2.3
NS2.SOFTAWARE.COM 206.83.160.5

I'd be vary wary indeed. :(

Basically I see that this is a weird and misleading program. They claim $15 CPM (per visitor) however they need the user to visit 10 pages on your site before they will pay you on any of it. That actually means that the popup loads 10 times for a total of $15 CPM. You could get $30 CPM for the same thing with PopupTraffic, and they will pay you if you have under 10 pageviews per visitor.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if these people load PopupTraffic ads on their program, and just take a big cut. I would not be surprised if they pay, since if you consider it, that rate isn't very good.

As has been pointed out, the real rate is a dollar fifty CPM. Unless I have misunderstood the T&C, they will pay you for visitors who view less than ten pages on your site.

There is another thing to be aware of with a programme like this. It appears that they want to open a pop-behind window for _every_ page that has their code on it. A decent pop-behind scheme will use some form of tracking and open only one extra window per visitor. If somebody does browse ten pages on your site, they get ten extra windows opened and that will really make your visitors mad.

jpoc

NC Tom,

PopUpTraffic pays on a 12 hour unique. We do have cookies available for webmaters to use to supress the popup if they choose.

I appreciate the good word, but I don;t want anyone misled. :)

lol :D

At least they got the FreeWebSpace forums right! :)

evilhaze:
Cookies are small text documents stored from webpages in you computer's browser. They can then be read by websites time and time again, good for usernames etc. you only have to type it once.

PS. If you were joking around please use "j/k" or ;). Thanks.

Robert of SI
You guys are wonderful! :)
Now name another advertising company that would gladly tell the truth like that! ;)

Back