• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

10MB,FTP,CGI,PHP,CRON-TAB,Fast,.htaccess Support, NO POP-UPS

ashwiz

b&
b&
HELP! I am looking for a host with the following:

At Least 10 MB of space (more would be better)
.htaccess Support
CGI & PHP
FTP Access
CRON-TAB (HAS TO HAVE THIS!)
No Pop-ups Or Banner Ads
Fast Server

I know its alot but please can someone help!

Why the hell do people ask for the impossible? It is so cheap to get paid hosting if you need that stuff. Seriously. I dont need all that. I dont mind banners, so Ill live with free hosting (for now) but damn, you might as well ask for someone to give you there credit card so you can just run a free site, because someone else has to pay for it.

Originally posted by trenzterra
WHAT IS Cron tab?

cron is a unix program that you can set up to handle executing various programs at certain times. for example: say you want to execute program 'foobar' at 2:17 every morning, but you don't wanna log in at 2:17 every morning. you'd type "crontab -e" at the shell and that would let you edit your cron settings. you could tell it, in code that i forget, to execute 'foobar' for you at 2:17 every morning. as long as the cron daemon is running, foobar will run every morning as written. it's hella useful.

so you probably need a host that offers shell access.

(speaking of which: oho! looks like l33t.ca gives you a personal crontab)

THAAANK YOU! l33t.ca is great, a bit slow but it will do for now.
If anyone can find a host like this with pop-ups or ads, please post aswell.

Thanks For The Reply Robin

Also i was looking at skaggy.com, Nice features and reccomendable (when they are up and running) but it didnt have cron-tab:( . But at least l33t.ca have it! they will have to doo!

Last edited:
if you're willing to pay a one time fee go to www.smartcgis.com and buy they're 'fake' cron tab perl script [acts like cron tab] and you wouldn't need to find a free host with cron tab....

Originally posted by Belgiumdude
bravenet.com,you can get rid of the ads by putting a gif over them

5. Discussions about how to cheat a free host or other services are not allowed. You are for instance not allowed to post questions about how to remove a banner or about how to host warez/illegal files on a free host.

You do the Math.

Question: what to do to make CGI, .htaccess and cron work on Bravenet? Does anyone have a JavaScript? :ditsy2:

Originally posted by Belgiumdude
bravenet.com,you can get rid of the ads by putting a gif over them

i have better way

replace this code instead of <body> in the html code ( only if your stupid - i am not responsible for this or any of the actions accured by you entering the code )

< body onload="javascript:window.close();">

[ remove space between java script ]
Thankyou.

Thank you chudeauk for telling me this! It got rid of the ugly pop at Geocities too and enabled PHP at freehost.nu. I really appreciate it! You guys are great!:smiley2:

Originally posted by meow
Thank you chudeauk for telling me this! It got rid of the ugly pop at Geocities too and enabled PHP at freehost.nu. I really appreciate it! You guys are great!:smiley2:
#

np :cool2:

ER .. .very funny .... just to tell you guys .. who don't know what that does ... it will close the window which the code is inserted into.

Back