• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

100 MB+, over 5 Databases, PHP/PERL/SSI/ASP support, 2 GB bandwidth

bjford

100 MB+, over 5 Databases, PHP/PERL/SSI/(ASP not needed) support, 2 GB bandwidth

.... for up to $4 a month?

I used to use Myacen, but they rose the prices heavily. I origianlly had them for $5 a month, but now it's $8. So I switched to Orphus, but I havn't had much luck there. Their service and support is horrible, although they do have good features. Any suggestions?

No beta software.

Okay, fine. No ASP :)

Last edited:
Yes, I like my hosting from hosting companies :)

Yours looks pretty good. I'll put that on my list.

Yes, this is a request- was I supposed to post at a different forum?

No no, =) this is the correct forum, but your post made it sound like others to "suggest" you hosting companies. :)

Anyway

Northwind can offer you the plan you seek for only $2.95/mo.

If you are interested, please let us know.

Bronze Plan
200 MB of Storage
2GB of Transfer
5 E-Mail Accounts
Unl. MySQL - PHP

Check us out at: http://www.northwindwebhost.com

Northwind is pretty good too. Quick question for both of you; do you automatically charge to my account once a month, or do I have to bill once a month?

Will I have to go through paypal and the such monthly, or will it automatically be paid into my Mastercard account? This is what my last host did, and he didn't make it clear, so I just am really careful now :)

We accept payments through paypal via our billing system.

Every month you will be sent an invoice to be paid. Unless you pay for it, no money will be sent.

First, my offer:

150MB Space
6GB Bandwidth
cPanel 6.2 Control Panel (Skins Available: xSkin, Vertex, BlueLagoon)
Unlimited POP-3 E-mail Accounts
Unlimited Autoresponders
Unlimited E-mail Aliases
Unlimited FTP Access
Unlimited FTP Accounts
Anonymous FTP Support
File Manager
PHP 4.3.1
CGI-Bin w/mod_perl
mySQL 4.0.12
Perl 5.006001
ASP (ASP for Perl Module/Apache ASP)
Curl/ImageMagick/NetPBM Supported
OpenSSH/Telnet
Analog/Webalizer Stats
Neomail/Horde Webmail
SMTP Server
SpamAssassin
Agora/Interchange/osCommerce Shopping Cart
Built-In Backup Utility
Pre-Installed CGI Scripts
Custom Error Pages
Cron Jobs
Hotlink Protection
FrontPage 2002 Extensions
Password Protected Directories
Spam Filters
Raw Access Logs
Error Logs
99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
Support Over AIM/MSN/E-Mail/Help Desk
$3.00/month

And my answer to your question:

We bill by PayPal through recurring payment. Meaning you are billed automatically ever billing session (monthly, quarterly, annually).

Hi ,

Try our Mini plan for "14 days FREE"
No sign up...No money down...No obligation to buy.
Heres what it offers:

-250 MB of Disk Space
-5 GB of Bandwidth
-5 Subdomains
-5 mySQL Databases
-Unlimited POP3 Mailbox
-Unlimited Forwarding
-Unlimited Mail Lists
-Unlimited FTP Accounts
-WebMail Access
-phpMyAdmin
-Addon Domains
-Pre-Installed CGI Scripts
-Search Engine Submit
-FrontPage Extensions
-Shopping Carts
-URL Redirections
-Password Protected Directories
-PHP
-CGI
-Cpanel 6

$2.50 per MONTH

I can add extra db's to this plan.

If your interested you can contact me by email:
webmaster@webspacedepot.net
or by msn messenger:
webspacedepot@hotmail.com

http://www.webspacedepot.net

Originally posted by northwind
No no, =) this is the correct forum, but your post made it sound like others to "suggest" you hosting companies. :)
In which case, hosts would not be able to reply if you read the rules, but since bjford later changed it to requests, it is fine now. But next time, hosts please read carefully the initial post.
Just to refresh your memories :
"Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions/suggestions/recommendations on which host to choose. "

I like http://www.hostdaemon.com/ the best so far.

The only thing I'm questioning now is hosting reliability and service. I'm using a bad host, there was only one service operator, and he was extremely rude on AIM. Also, I like forums. When I used Myacen, they had excellent support. They had forums with lots of operators, and people asked a lot of questions. So if you went through the forum archives, you'll usually find a solution to your problem. If not, you post a new question, and they answer rapidly. I like that kind of service.

Originally posted by bjford
.... for up to $4 a month?

I used to use Myacen, but they rose the prices heavily. I origianlly had them for $5 a month, but now it's $8.

Hello,

Just want to inform you that you didn't have to move. :) Your locked into the monthly contract that you agreed to at the price and specs agreed to on signup. You would only have to pay the new pricing if you moved up/down. :)

Back