• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

$1 webhosting, Are they any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how they value their customers!! Try to find out what you can about the hosts.
Do they have forums you can look at?
Try submitting a ticket to their helpdesk if they have on to see what kind of response times you get from them?

While it is true to a certain point that you get what you pay for.

I would test out their support system and I would ask to see their server uptime.

Hmm, like "Bruce" already said "You get what you pay for!" I wouldn't either touch one those, they look to risky. Or some errors will probably become of that hosting. Most of them don't even mention the uptime or the speed. They could be low-quality with high set-up fee's. You never know, In my personal view of it I wouldn't touch on it.

Goodluck.

As others have said, you get what you pay for. Don't expect quality service for less than you pay to visit McDonalds or buy a cup of coffee...

You should make decision based on some basic facts:

If you just want to create a website to learn and have some fun, then you should just try to find a free webhost.

if you want to create a website for your business. And need stable, good quality web hosting, then you should not look for cheapest, but you should look for cheap and best.

Go for quality not quantity.

All the plans these providers offer are worth 2 dollars. The 1 dollar ones don’t look good thought…
If you’re looking for a good 2 dollar plan go with Duport Online. I pay 25 dollars annually (about 2 dollars a month) and I get a better plan then the sites you listed offer. Plus there support is fast… usually get a reply from there support in less then 20 hours.

It matters what you're buying. If you're buying 300mb of space for 2$ dollars, maybe. But if they're selling like 2GIG of space, and 10GIG of b/w. I highly doubt that that is it. There might be some hidden charges or gimmicks.

If you're looking for like 50-300mb of space for free, I bet you can find those on free hosts. I know places that sell 15GIGS and 300GIGS for 4.17$ (USD) per month. About 50+($) anually. That's a fair deal and looks promising and reliable. If you're getting high space for less than 3.50$ I wouldn't recommend buying it because there's probably something that you didn't want will be on there (EG. ads, popups, etc.)

It's your choice, but you get what you pay for!

You really can't expect a good amount of space, features, transfer and support for what you could probably bum off of a complete stranger.

Maybe there's a handful out there that are reliable, but it'd be one of those I'd have to see to believe. I mean, how can they pay their support team while making 3 1/3 cents a day per customer?

As everyone has said, you get what you pay for. If you are looking for cheap plans, just go for free hosting. It would probably be better if not the same.

daxriggz2004 said:
You really can't expect a good amount of space, features, transfer and support for what you could probably bum off of a complete stranger.

Maybe there's a handful out there that are reliable, but it'd be one of those I'd have to see to believe. I mean, how can they pay their support team while making 3 1/3 cents a day per customer?

Agreed, the support will be really bad. There is no way that they could make money buy sell $1 package and have a dedicated support person available.

I would recommend to go for a free hosting or good paying hosting. It will pay off down the road.

Umh...IMO of course but Im always just shocked when I see threads discussing plans between one and two bucks!
Geezh!! I will be glad when some web hosts stay in business long enough to realize that a buck or two dont get the bills paid. :-((
Ahh <sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back