• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. K

Image Preloading

I've noticed while viewing the source of http://www.vietcong-game.com/us/index.html that the page uses some kind of preload command. What does this do? Does it preload images such as rollovers so that they change right away when you put your mouse over them? If so, where can I learn how to do...
  2. K

Ahhh, Can't Delete iB

I can't delete my iB folders in my CGI-BIN. It gives me the error in the attached picture. How can I delete it? Note: Some files were deleted and some were not.
  3. K

ActionRealm

My site is hosted by ActionRealm, which is a host for mostly gaming and modding sites and some personal sites, but I don't see it listed anywhere on FWS. In case you wanna add a new one to your search, here's the info.. Modification Plan 50MB of web space (can always be bumped up on...
  4. K

Free MySQL

I'm using freesql.org right now. I think I could bear with it, but I want to know if there's anything faster. It takes forever for one page to load using freesql.org. So does anyone know of one? Thanks.
  5. K

Back for Round 2

Ok..I was here a while ago and I've made some changes. Here's my site's URL.. http://vietcongworld.actionrealm.com/ Also, visit my paFileDB by clicking on either Screenshots or Movies on the menu. Like last time, many sections don't have content even available yet. Focus on the ones...
  6. K

PHP Upload Error

What does this mean.. It happens when I try to upload a file at this address. Here's my script.. <? //the absolute location of where you want to upload it //the directory must be chmoded 777 //jpgimage is the name from the top copy($mod, "/var/www/html/mods/$mod_name")...
  7. K

XNetwork a Pain

Holy sh_t, Windows servers..? They are really annoying, compared to my usual UNIX. XNetwork is great so far, but I think the complicated process of CHMODing outweighs everything, since I'm always changing file permissions. Is Windows as bad as it seems? Anyway, I'm looking for a similiar host to...
  8. K

CHMODing..Windows?

I'm on a server now that will not allow me to CHMOD files. I guess it's a Windows server..? Anyway, how would I set the permission for a file to 777 in Windows? And 755? I've only used UNIX servers before. Thanks.
  9. K

paFileDB & freesql.org Help

I need some major help with paFileDB 3 Beta 3.1 installation, using a freesql.org account. I know, well, nothing about how to do this, only installed CGI stuff. But, some things I need help with are: /*You need to change these variables to get paFileDB working. If you are unsure of this...
  10. K

Creating Root Folders

In CuteFTP (If not able to do in CuteFTP but is in some other client, let me know) is it possible to make a cgi-bin (or perl) as a root folder by creating a new folder? My host went down and hasn't sent up my cgi and perl folders yet. Thanks.
  11. K

PHP Upload Help

Ok, the form is at this URL: http://vietcongworld.actionrealm.com/sub_you_mod2.htm The problem is that I thought if I put in a hidden redirect field in my form, it would redirect to that URL..nope. I uploaded a file, and was taken to a completely blank page. Checked my server and the...
  12. K

FormMail

I need a very easy CGI script that I can use to create a form that will mail me all the info to my e-mail. For example: Name: fkjdnfksd@dfnkjdf Page URL: http://fdnkfjndsk News Description: nfjkdnfkndsjknfksdf And the e-mail that I receive will be this: Name: fkjdnfksd@dfnkjdf...
  13. K

My MySQL Info

Is there a program that when you run it it can tell you all the info you need about your MySQL database. I would ask my host for it but it might take a while. I'm trying to install paFileDB. This is what it asks.. $db[host] = "localhost"; //This is the MySQL server paFileDB will connect to...
  14. K

Look at this!

http://www.uzipp.com/ Can there be a better host than this, and it's $5/mo. And I'm not related to them, might look like I'm advertising them, but I just want to show it to people and see what they say. Unlimited Webspace We choose not to limit our hosted sites webspace to any specific...
  15. K

I'm Desperate

I need some space quick..I have a 46.8MB AVI, maybe zipped to a few MB less, and I want to upload it for people to download. But, I definitely can't host it on my ISP's hosting, and Come2Store has a 10MB limit. Please anyone have a place?
  16. K

Um..Please Read This

I thought I've seen people doing this before in these forums, but I'm not sure so if they don't sorry for being retarded. I need a better host than my ISP's for my site. I haven't been able to find a really good one, so I thought I'd ask someone who has some kind of account allowing them to...
  17. K

Make Fun of My Site..

I don't think the new look of my site is too bad but I want some people to comment.. http://vietcongworld.uni.cc/ I tried to include a lot more graphics than before and eliminated a bunch of sh*tty frames. Thanks.
  18. K

Can't Use Avatar..

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy can't I use an avatar? It just has "no" ticked at the avatar change section.
  19. K

Best Domain

You've probably seen this post 1 million times but I need to ask it. What is the best domain registrar out of companies like GoDaddy, NameCheap, and someone even recommended DomainResell.biz. A few reasons why you think so might help. I'm looking for the cheaper companies out there. Thanks.
  20. K

Transparent BG's

I'm making an image for my site with Photoshop that will be placed on top of a background that is made of stripes, tiny stripes. I cannot have a solid background, or use the stripes because the stripes will not line up and be the right size. When I began the image, I set BG to transparent, but...
Back