• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. A

Run-on Text

don't know what you mean, really. your site looks fine to me. i'm using IE 6.0.26
  2. A

Painfully slow image rollover problem

work fine for me too, and i'm using dialup. though your pre-rollover "downloads" image never loaded (little X icon inside the space for the image, like when the browser is unable to download it).
  3. A

MS Excel quirk...?

everything else works fine. i haven't been back to my friend's place yet to try the first suggested solution (look for up-dates and service packs), then i'll try re-installing the software, as suggested. it would seem, then, that no one really has seen this problem before. i've yet to...
  4. A

can someone help me ? :(

oh, but i suggest that when re-installing windows, one would need to format the drive for this to be a true "clean slate".
  5. A

can someone help me ? :(

i would suggest three things (in this order): 1. first defragment your drive, on which you have windows installed. this might seem an unlikely step, but it has somehow fixed problems for me in the past. besides, it's good to do this regularly, anyway, and it will make you system work faster...
  6. A

MS Excel quirk...?

hello, a friend of mine has a problem whereby he cannot exit MS Excel using the close button (X), nor by right clicking the application button in the start bar (no option to close in the right-click menu). He can, despite this, exit the program using File|Exit. However, this is posing an...
  7. A

CD burning in imac vs PC

i have a problem. when i burn a multisession CD in an imac then transfer that CD to a PC, the PC can only read the last session burned on the CD. is there any way around this (settings, software, utilities)? thanks.
  8. A

opera bookmark script?

hey, i was wondering if there was a simple javascript to have a link that bookmarks a page (or, rather, opens the bookmark manager) in opera (for ver. 7b and 6, but something that works in all would be appreciated)? thanks, ag.
  9. A

mouse over link changes text...?

<a href="page.htm" title="text">link</a> "title" is used with text is used as "alt" is in images. have fun :-)
  10. A

javascript history back help....

thaks :-) i ended up using location.href="" instead, to ensure my viewers were sent to the exact addy anyway. the history.go(-2) (which i logically figured out myself after a little playing around) didn't seem to work well in on all occassions on all browsers at all times, but the location.href...
  11. A

javascript history back help....

how do i alter this script: <form><input type="button" value="back" onClick="history.back()"></form> to go back 2 history thingies, rather than one? thanks. ag.
  12. A

opera browser

i don't understand what you mean, zoobie.
  13. A

opera browser

opera browser info for new user? hey, i've never really used opera browser before, but it seems it has some usage from other surfers. i was wondering what is the most popular browser version that people use, and what version is the latest. i just wanted to know so i can test my site in it...
  14. A

NS7 / MZ1.1 and HTML problem

ugh, ok, i admit stupidity. for why would i want to center a table if it is going to have 100% width? as soon as i got rid of the center tag all together, the height="100" worked in the table tag for all browsers. thanks for all your help on this :-) despite my sudden revelation, i wouldn't...
  15. A

ok, the css worked, but only when i put it in the center tag, and only if i also specified the table to be of 100% height. i could use either css or html in the table, but i needed to use css in the center tag. thanks for your help! ag.
  16. A

Like my splash ?

i quite like it - a very soothing design. what's it giong to be?
  17. A

New web host site

very nice, i like it too :-)
  18. A

okay, how's this for a stumper? NS7 and Mozilla 1.1 both refuse to render a table to a height of 100% in one of my pages. i've left the table border width as 1, so you can see what it's doing (or rather, not doing): http://www.agspage.filetap.com/poetry/_dld.htm could someone have a...
  19. A

NS 7 and HTML problem

yes, i've tried that, what happens in that case is that the next closing anchor tag in the sentence forces a line break. that is, i have links in the sentences that are listed by numerical order, and instead of: 1. text text text link text 2. text text text text text link 3. text link text...
  20. A

Best HTML Editor

i use editpad. it has tabbed files (that is, it opens new files in tabs in the obe window, though you can set it to open mulitple instances of the program). i like it because you can search and replace across all the files you have open at the time, and it doesn't seem to have a limit on file...
Back