• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. G

i need help :(

It's strange that they don't let you use your own design, have you tried contacting them to ask if it's possible to use your own design? I think that would be the first thing to try. Failing that, you could either try another host or use one of their templates but put your content in to a...
  2. G

Why do some hosts....

I think they either don't read the requirements, don't care what people do (unless someone complains) or are fully aware but just want the extra customer even if it's only for a month or two.
  3. G

Free shoutcast full server request!

If you don't mind your Shoutcast server being ad-supported (you can either use our page with a flash player or put our ad box onto your own site) then you could try the link in my sig. We don't offer AutoDJ for free though unfortunately.
  4. G

Firefox

I've been trying Opera and it seems a lot quicker than FF, I'm reasonably impressed with it so far apart from 1 or 2 niggles
  5. G

cheap dedicated shoutcast server

I think OVH.co.uk are about the cheapest dedicated server provider as long as you live in one of the countries that they accept orders from. The problem with them is that they don't guarantee bandwidth quality outside certain countries and their support is slow. I don't think they offer...
  6. G

How does Shoutcast Hosting work?

The bitrate is the rate of data transfer, and you will generally find that they higher the bitrate is, the better the sound quality. You also have different audio formats that can be used - with Shoutcast, you can use MP3 or the far superior AAC+ formats. Stream hosts don't generally charge...
  7. G

How Do You Decide What Hosting Is Best?

The best host for you may not be the best host for someone else, it all depends on your requirements. I'd just say to be careful of anything that looks 'too cheap' and contact the host before buying - see what their response times are like, ask if they have a page where you can see the server...
  8. G

Ad system for my site

I've always used Adsense with good results, I've also had little success with affiliate marketing - I think that requires a lot of time and effort in getting the right visitors, whereas with Adsense you just need clicks.
  9. G

shoutcast hosting needed

1Tb of bandwidth per month wouldn't be anywhere near enough for 500 slots at 128k, you're looking at more like 15Tb to average around 350-400 slots.
  10. G

Firefox

Firefox has started getting really slow on my PC as well (using Windows 7). I'm not sure why it's started doing that - it's a shame that FF has become so bloated recently, I think there's a market for a more simple, faster browser. I like Chrome, but I don't use it because I think Google might...
  11. G

Low cost SHOUTcast host & SHOUTcast Reseller WANTED!

Hello, BELLonline.co.uk can offer 50 slots @ 128k for £10 ($19) or 100 slots for £15 ($28) Here are a list of reseller plans: 20 accounts / 500 slots / max. 128k -- £20 ($38) 30 accounts / 1000 slots / max. 128k -- £40 ($76) 60 accounts / 2000 slots / max. 192k -- £80 ($153) (If...
  12. G

Great deals on SHOUTcast stream hosting

At BitrateStreaming we have some of the most competitive Shoutcast prices around. Our servers are located in Europe, but we will be purchasing USA based servers soon. Here are some of our prices: all prices are in £ and are monthly... 25 slots at 32k: £2.50 50 slots at 32k: £5.00 100...
  13. G

Looking for dedicated server for Shoutcast streaming

Thanks for your advice everyone, I am still looking around but you have been a big help. The DediBoxWorld offer looks like one of the best that I've seen, would anyone recommend them? EDIT: DediBoxWorld post has disappeared but will still look in to that
  14. G

Looking for dedicated server for Shoutcast streaming

Hello, this is my first post here, so I hope that people don't mind me asking for help before I've contributed. I am looking to rent a dedicated server to host a few Shoutcast servers. I have quite a small budget but think that it is just about possible to get what I need. I will be hosting...
Back