• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by TheHostHunter

1. T

Low Budget equals new trend?

Margins are so much lower in the hosting industry than they were 6 years ago, I don't see how it's possible for new hosts to compete in this space. IMO if I was starting a new host I'd ignore all the budget market and try to provide a quality hosting service to local businesses, friends, associates.
  2. T

XSIS HOSTING Server Issues and Outages

I'm a big fan of web hosting transparency, good luck with your business XSIS-HOST
  3. T

Guide: Choosing a Shared Host

I know it's easy to get caught up with the wanting the most amount of bandwidth and disk space for the smallest amount of money, but bandwidth and disk should be the furthest things from your mind when choosing a free web host. For someone hosting their first small business website or...
  4. T

globat.com

Yeah, as long as your scripts aren't written by 6 monkeys your site should be able to push that much bandwidth without bringing the server to its knees and getting your account suspended. I've never used 3,000 GB at a host that cost me $10/mo, simply because once I start pushing enough traffic...
  5. T

Your hosting company gets taken over

I just hope that you have every single domain separate from the host, as that's when it gets really sticky. If you haven't already back everything up ASAP and start looking over the fence to find some greener grass.
  6. T

Webhost-warehouse forum

Looks like you still need to find those backups.
  7. T

40 users per semi-dedicated ok?

This is one reason why I usually buy hosting before I actually use it. I like to see what the server's average cpu usage is before I actually put my site up there live. A lot of times you'll get the kind of server that you linked to, where no one is eating up any resources. But sometimes you...
  8. T

HostBig gone?

Gotta love how easy it is to convey meaning on internet forums :cry2: My statement was meant to be Tongue-in-Cheek. You will often hear of people with the *.net domains later regretting it because they lose business from people typing in whatever.com instead of whatever.net to reach their...
  9. T

I agree that each type of plan (see: Shared hosting-> dedicated hosting) attract different type of customers, but in web 2.0 you can rest assured that a great deal of all of those people are going to be using a database of some sort. And this will lead to a sluggish server if you happen to be...
  10. T

Exactly, just imagine if each of the 40 customers on the semi-dedicated box sold 40 hosting plans to their own customers. 40x40 = 1600 sites hosted on that box and good chance it's going to be slow, slow, slow.
  11. T

billing system

No love for the H-Sphere Hosting control panel? Maybe I'm just getting too old...
  12. T

HostBig gone?

New Rule: Don't trust anyone with a .net domain.
  13. T

Amy Armitage From LunarPages released the information on the Net Income radio show, but it wasn't any real secret before that.
  14. T

The Webstandards are slipping

Bad forgot the most important part of a kick --- site, the animated mouse trailer!
  15. T

how about the Host "Lunarpages" ?

As hosting-shack said, if you plan on using bandwidth, make sure you have extremely efficient web pages/scripts. If you use a fair amount of visitors and you end up using a lot of server resources, you won't last long in a shared hosting environment anywhere. But if you're happy being hosted...
Back