• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by jpoc

1. J

Verticals for small-traffic sites?

Amazon have them in their keywords ads. Adverwizard have them as banex at the moment but they say that they will start to sell them as soon as they get enough inventory in that format. jpoc
  2. J

advertwizard

According to the FAQ it is twenty pounds. Some quick claculator prodding later: Divide the number of impressions that the network claims each month by the number of sites in the network to get an idea of an average site. Then factor in the current effective CPM. The "avereage" site...
  3. J

advertwizard

They seem OK. They are CPM and rather than showing defaults, they run a banex scheme. Of course, at the moment, most ads are banex and not paid. Averaged out it amounts to about $0.06 CPM. They pay in British Pounds and it looks as though you need to run about half a million ads in order to...
  4. J

advertwizard

Anyone know what's up with them? The domain name now just points to a registrar's page. Perhaps there is a tech fault but it's been over a day and I fear the worst. jpoc
  5. J

Free->ad free->paid host wanted

I've been asked by a friend to recommend a host. He is starting out and wants to begin on a free host but wants a choice of moving to an ad-free or properly domain hosted option later. Can anyone suggest a company that offers all three services so that he could join the free one and move...
  6. J

message for dkads

On your site, the Ts&Cs say that you reserve the right to also serve pops and other stuff. Earlier this year, I signed up with another network on a deal to run just CPC banners. I was happy about that until they started running full page pop behinds. At first, it was not too bad with just...
  7. J

Moving my domain to my new host

I own jpoc.net and it is registered through uk2.net. I am nearing the end of my 12 months hosting contract and I am moving to a new host. I have chosen focalhosting.com. I have a facility there now with a dedicated IP. So, I uploaded all of my files to the new site. I then tested it with a...
  8. J

any focalhosting experiences?

I was about to sign up with worldzonepro when they hit their problems so I had another look around. I found focalhosting.com who seem to offer exactly what I need. Does anyone have any experience of them as a hosting company? Thanks jpoc
  9. J

using uk2.net as a registrar for a worldzoneprone hosted site

Re: Re: using uk2.net as a registrar for a worldzoneprone hosted site The uk2.net site says that you can keep the domain registration with them and elect to point the domain at another host's name servers.
  10. J

using uk2.net as a registrar for a worldzoneprone hosted site

For obvious reasons (if you read the paid hosting forum) I am moving my site from uk2.net. As long as they complete their server move soon, I'll move my site to worldzonepro. wzp does not offer domain registry services, you need a separate registrar and to point the domain at the wzp name...
  11. J

hosting on uk2.net, july 2001 a service in disintegration.

I'm posting this for the record as a service to anyone looking for a uk based host. I moved my site to uk2.net in late August 2000. At the time, the hosting deal offered everything that I needed. Over the first ten months, the service was fine. There were a couple of minor, short outages but...
  12. J

Can anyone suggest a UK based host?

Bandwidth is a scarce commodity in the UK and if you really need six gigs you will find few services that can do what you need. AIUI, the two above offer 5 and 3 respectively. A US based host is not really a problem (unless you cannot use visa). After all, if you are running your site after...
  13. J

uk2.net ftp problem, files deleted, no space

Thanks to all for the comments. I did email uk2 support and I received a fascinating reply. They do not operate any quota system on their hosting service and they say that some of their other customers uploaded more data than they were allowed to and filled the disk space. They have...
  14. J

uk2.net ftp problem, files deleted, no space

I just tried to ftp today's new pages up to my site which is hosted on uk2.net. The ftp failed with a message: 452 Transfer aborted. No space left on device. As a side effect, they also deleted the online copies of the files that I was not able to upload. My account is is good order...
  15. J

AdvertWizard pays :)

For most of May, they have been showing defaults (their banner exchange programme) only. However, on Friday, they published a new rate card and they say that they hope to sell a much greater number of ads and thus show fewer defaults. If that works, the net yield should be higher. jpoc
Back