• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Server for Windows?

Dan

Bullah
NLC
I want to run a Joomla on my PC for creating templates etc so looking for a good application that will run as a web server for it.
I have the JSAS but not too fond of it because they place their own graphics on Joomla etc.

Any other application I can use that has no interference where I can run Joomla?

Huh? You mean like localhost?

I use Apache with MySQL and Zend Optimizer on my Windows XP computer :D

There's a great program out there called InstantRails. It was made for RoR developers but it has Apache w/PHP and MySQL in one nice executable. Nothing to install, great for testing and as a personal web server.

try easy php

Real easy to get working.

Ok I have this installed and have Joomla unzipped to the www directory and trying to set it up. But, where and how do I set up the Mysql database for this?
It's confusing. lol

I personally use AppServ for windows PCs and MAMP for my mac...

I've also used PHPDev, EasyPHP and WAMP, but I found AppServ is my favorite ;)

This thread reminded me that I reformatted recently, and I forgot to back up my ----ing SQL.

Anyway, XAMPP ftw.

I'm going to be the odd duck and suggest you use LAMP
but since you're on a Windows computer...

If you want to be like a pro, download VMWare Server, and make a Ubuntu Linux Server virtual computer. It automatically installs LAMP and then you can take your test system wherever you go! Like take it to an inlaws house and say you have to work... good excuse not to talk to anybody

Back