• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Aussie Weather

Dan

Bullah
NLC
So it is Spring time in Aussie Land and pretty close now to Summer (Summer starts in December). However, most of the country is being hit with massive Tropical Storms, particularly Brisbane and now, from what I hear, Darwin is also being hit, it being one of the hottest areas.
Millions of Aussie Dollars worth of damage has been done to Brisbane and surrounding areas with the loss of lives.
Central Victoria, where I am, is also being hit with what I call "Irish Winter" weather.
What's happening like? Am I ever going to get the sunshine and heat I was promised 6 months ago on Qantas flight QF10 as we flew out of Singapore?

You know what they say, crazy people, crazy weather. Haha. But not seriously, we kind of need the rain in northern Victoria, for the farms and stuff, but at some points the land is so dry that the water doesn't actually travel on the ground, it just sinks in. I bet Bunnings is making a fortune on water tank sales these days.

Personally I don't like Spring, because I always get hay fever when in suburban areas.

You know what they say, crazy people, crazy weather. Haha. But not seriously, we kind of need the rain in northern Victoria, for the farms and stuff, but at some points the land is so dry that the water doesn't actually travel on the ground, it just sinks in. I bet Bunnings is making a fortune on water tank sales these days.

Personally I don't like Spring, because I always get hay fever when in suburban areas.

pretty normal, give it another month or so and there wont be any rain and your be saying fark, welp!

Brisbane and darwin always have ---- weather lol
I hate tropical places, you never know whats coming next.

Yeah the folks around here (Bendigo) are thrilled with the current weather. It's filling the Dams so they're happy with that.
I, on the other hand, come from a country where we get this kind of weather almost the whole year round. So I am rather fed up with it at the moment. And, for someone who is afraid of Thunderstorms, this is scary times. Especially now that they are forecasting Thunderstorms in Bendigo this afternoon.

Last week it was 28+ a few days, this week ist cold, raining ect.

ITs normal.

Summer used to kinda start around now tho its seems to be getting latter and later every year.
If you want the weather you are waiting for, its going to hit around January.
Therell be a few teasers between now and then tho.

When it gets here, you will wish you had stayed in Ireland! :p
Bendigo gets hot and dry as hell, and i hope you dont happen to live in any bushland because theres likely going to be a few fires!

So it is Spring time in Aussie Land and pretty close now to Summer (Summer starts in December). However, most of the country is being hit with massive Tropical Storms, particularly Brisbane and now, from what I hear, Darwin is also being hit, it being one of the hottest areas.
Millions of Aussie Dollars worth of damage has been done to Brisbane and surrounding areas with the loss of lives.
Central Victoria, where I am, is also being hit with what I call "Irish Winter" weather.
What's happening like? Am I ever going to get the sunshine and heat I was promised 6 months ago on Qantas flight QF10 as we flew out of Singapore?

dude! who is hitting darwin?? hiting a dead guy is reall y ouy of line!! :shame::shame::shame::shame:li

tehg edtis, bad waether aint something new! The warther her eis really crappy :( :( It's snowing! and under 0 dgegreeds!!! :( Good thing i'm going to SA in the holidays! O need nto get away from the snow adn stuf!

edit agiean! man i forgot how cool my avatar wast!!! Haha! mah guitat tox:D:D

Last edited:
Aussies don't know what crazy weather even is!

:lol:

Now if you're in Japan, man... you get some pretty crazy rain falls I tell ya hwat!

Brisbane and darwin always have ---- weather lol
I hate tropical places, you never know whats coming next.
Six months no rain and six months of "possible" afternoon storm in Darwin. The weather bureau get it easy up here :cool2:

It is funny because Bureau of Meteorology website goes down when the weather is not looking good.

QLD is going to get belted again tonight

Wait till Feb/March for the scorchers.

Hey Dan, next week there will be bushfires all over :D

Yeah so I hear. I can't see it happening here in the Whip Stick of Victoria though. Not with the ---- weather we're having at the moment.

*Looks out window* - Was that a distant roll of drums I just heard?

January can get pretty hot too....
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
histGraphAll

The weather for Eaglehawk, VIC:

Sunday
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds south to southwesterly averaging 30 to 45 km/h tending southerly 20 to 35 km/h later in the evening. Temperatures in the lower 20s during the day.

Monday
Partly cloudy. Winds south to southwesterly averaging 10 to 15 km/h, reaching 20 km/h at times, becoming light later in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to around 8 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid 20s.

Tuesday
Cloudy. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to around 9 with daytime temperatures reaching the upper 20s.

Wednesday
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds northeast to northwesterly averaging 10 to 20 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 11 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid 20s.

Pretty crap weather.

Dan, quit complaining :p

This is Melbourne Weather, it's always been like this and always will heh.

Maybe You, Fee and Myself should hit the pubs some time ;)

The weather for Eaglehawk, VIC:
This is Darwin:

Sunday
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Overcast. High: 89° F. / 32° C. Wind WNW 8 mph. / 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation 50%.

Sunday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Overcast. Low: 80° F. / 27° C. Wind WNW 6 mph. / 10 km/h. Chance of precipitation 20%.

Monday
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Partly Cloudy. High: 89° F. / 32° C. Wind West 8 mph. / 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation 20%.

Monday Night
Chance of Rain. Overcast. Low: 80° F. / 27° C. Wind WNW 4 mph. / 7 km/h. Chance of precipitation 20%.

Tuesday
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Overcast. High: 89° F. / 32° C. Wind light. Chance of precipitation 30%.

Tuesday Night
Overcast. Low: 80° F. / 27° C. Wind light.

Wednesday
Scattered Clouds. High: 87° F. / 31° C. Wind light.

Wednesday Night
Partly Cloudy. Low: 80° F. / 27° C. Wind light.

Thursday
Overcast. High: 87° F. / 31° C. Wind NNW 6 mph. / 10 km/h.

Thursday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Partly Cloudy. Low: 80° F. / 27° C. Wind WNW 4 mph. / 7 km/h. Chance of precipitation 40%.

Friday
Scattered Clouds. High: 86° F. / 30° C. Wind light.

Friday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Overcast. Low: 77° F. / 25° C. Wind light. Chance of precipitation 30%.

Back