• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MSN To Close?

Dan

Bullah
NLC
This is what's on the BBC News Website apparently:

Windows MSN Messenger today announced it will be closing down it’s popular service after it was slammed by Labour MP’s for inciting paedophiles on the world wide web.

This comes as parents across Europe called for the 10 year old service to be closed after a 8 year old girl was lured into meeting a 34 year old known paedophile.

The service will terminate on November 2nd,and all accounts will be removed from the system

Discuss?

It not as easy as it is just to close down a service from a multi-billion company. Even if it is true, Microsoft will appeal the hell out of it.

On the other hand, the kineticnorth.com seem to be cool.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone believes that.

I actually can't believe you can't believe it.

After all the stupid knee-jerk reactions and legislation we keep seeing none of this kind of thing really surprises me anymore.

My favourite is still the retarded decision to make the pubs and clubs close at 3AM in Brisbane because a guy got killed outside the Embassy hotel.

I can only imagine how the meeting for that one went.

"Hmm, looks like the streets are getting pretty dangerous for clubbers!"
- "Yes we need to think of some ideas to help make the streets safer."
"How about we let everyone go clubbing till 3AM, let them drink and get drunk, then force all the clubs into lockout? That way anyone who gets caught in between a club is kept out on the street!"
- "Excellent idea, excellent. They'll not only be drunk, but angry! And that's before they find out they have to queue two hours (at least, on a good night) for a taxi home!"
- "Great! All the angry drunk people will be forced to roam the streets!"

I can imagine, if this MSN one was real, the conversation for it...
"Hm, a girl got led into danger by a pedophile using MSN!"
- "Clearly the only solution here is to ban MSN!"

A few weeks ago there was a story about changing the lockout again, because a young mother who is a recovering alcoholic wanted to help others. She sat there crapping on about drinking and clubbing, and in the same news article they stated she did ALL her drinking at home. So clearly punishing clubbers for her stupidity is the answer -.-

No I don't believe this MSN one is true, but if you said "Here's proof it is!" I wouldn't be shocked either.

I cant wait till the day Australia finally bans alcohol!
"Since the ban on alcohol there has been a number of deaths relating to badly made alcohol containing <some deadly thing here>."

Same with a condom debate a while ago.
Nope soz, Id much rather have higher teen preg rates than give away condoms at school, Australia need more baby's anyway...

It wouldnt really be shocking at all, MSN closed its chat rooms over peds (well pretty much closed them)

and yes, Australia is going to ----..
I can agree with meth being illegal and other hardcore drugs, I can even agree with pot being illegal. I can even go as far as to agree that some sort of internet filter needs to be in place.

But I can not and will not agree that we should be told to drink less, things should close earlier just to "safe guard us", We should lower the speed limit every time some idiot kills them self being a idiot..

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY:
I dont think we should waste any more money on the ----ing obvious study's such as "alcohol is bad for you"
(No ----)

No one seems to ask questions (In any country) like "Is it affecting us" Is it?
Some study in the UK showed people arnt washing there hands well enough.
But did anyone bother to ask the question "Is it affecting us?"
That's the question that should always be asked, if they arnt washing their hands prop and living fine virus free, then obviously they are washing their hands enough and other ppl over wash.
We have a immune system for a reason ya know?

AHH THREAD HIJACK, soz dan
On topic, this is bullcrap

Last edited:
I cant wait till the day Australia finally bans alcohol!
"Since the ban on alcohol there has been a number of deaths relating to badly made alcohol containing <some deadly thing here>."
In the US during prohibition it was methanol ... *shudder*

In other news, some pedophile contacted a victim using a "telephone". As a measure to reduce this risk, the global phone network will be shut down next week.

kthxbi

Back