• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yeah!! I will finally get a paid host!!!!

Archbob

Level 8 Chinese Guy
NLC
This is awesome!! Around Christmas time this year, I will finally get a paid host. I'm going with the tier II plan from http://www.phenominet.com/ . They don't have cgi, but they offer php and mysql and they have good price to bandwidth ratios if you take their per year prices and they throw in a domain name too!

They also answered two support questions of mine within 24 hours.

Phenominet

I've been using them for three months now with a domain that I've not done much with. They don't have a control panel which is irritating. The email server also is somewhat unreliable as I've sent myself test messages a few times that never shows up, although I KNOW there is nothing wrong with the SMTP relays I am using.

Can't complain about the price, however, and David is fairly prompt on tech support for the most part.

I could never get pop3 to work anywhere, so I use web-based mail. I can upload via FTP so everything is okay, and they seem to be good on tech support and good reports on them on uptime.

They certainly have a fast server but without a control panel? i'd give them a miss. It's standard procedure these days to supply clients with a control panel even if it's only basic. Waiting on your host to create email accounts must be annoying.

The main thing I look for is bandwidth. 10Gb is quite a bit more than 6GB, so I will go with Phenom. I might upgrade to super-hosting from them later.

Back