• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

yahoo! mail

beely

hey guys, ever know about the Yahoo! Mail has changed a new style look, new brand features with 100MB mail space for free. COOL. i still wondering how GMail would monopoly the free mail service, since they describe that gmail will provide 1gb free mail space, which can store those mail for your whole life.

btw, i dont think that gmail could provide 1gb space for all of ppl. maybe only for limited member? any comment ?

Face it, not many people will use 1gb of space. They have plenty of time before they will be hitting the "danger zone" of space, by that time hard drives will be even cheaper. Plus, Google has "googles" of cash. GMail will most definatly take over the webmail scene upon its public release.

Now if only Yahoo didn't get so much spam. I registered an account like 2 days ago and without giving my e-mail address out ANYWHERE, I got at least 50 e-mails in my bulk folder and a few in my inbox.

~pEnGuIn~,
The only reason people send you spam is due to invisible bots that hackers/p0rn sites/etc. sites put out to search for specific usernames... otherwise, make SURE you have a spam/bulk filter that checks for a name that you've registered on a forum and that name is in the Subject Line.

You should also make sure you NEVER give your e-mail out on a post, as even if there is NO bot; a invisible non-posting member might use your e-mail and sign you up for an unwanted mailing-list.

Do's
  • DO send your e-mail ONLY to people who respect you, or you trust. (remember, if you trust a person... make sure you confirm that persons' age/location/time zone.)
  • DO send your e-mail (if possible) through a firewall-ed blocking system on your ISP.
Do not's
  • DO NOT post your e-mail (which includes even the first part of it (e.x: the username before the @ symbol) on threads unless you code it to be spam safe; SPAM SAFE methods WILL NOT work with BBCODE... you MUST make extra characters in the username. (Do not use my method of asteriks, b/c i noticed it doesn't work.)
The thing you have to know about p0rn mail-lists that pick-up your e-mail address through invisibility is that when you are set to vacation... and the mail-list recieves your bounce-back... you'll notice that the e-mail you're sending it to will result in a failure delivery.

Keep e-mailing!

Note: There might be errors in this documents.

Logged As,
Grant Eon :devious2:

what I do is I set up a "dummy" yahoo account whose only purpose is to accept all the spam i expect from signups. I also keep that one for mailing lists. on the other hand, I keep a "real" account for business and family.

~pEnGuIn~ said:
Now if only Yahoo didn't get so much spam. I registered an account like 2 days ago and without giving my e-mail address out ANYWHERE, I got at least 50 e-mails in my bulk folder and a few in my inbox.
hmm... i found something interesting @ the bottom of this page: http://mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=slv&.intl=us ,
"Copyright © 2004 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright Policy Terms of Service
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy "

Every site collects some personal information it seems. I wouldn't worry too much about Yahoo. I looked over their privacy policy, doesn't look like they are selling our info to any evils that I could see.

yahoo also gives you a 2GB email account if you have sbc yahoo dsl :)
plus 9 other 100mb accounts :)

prety good for only 26$ a month

they only use to give 250mb i think but when google came out wit gmail they made it 2GB and they added the search thing like gmail

Last edited:
Yahoo! has at least one major advantage over Google - they already have a (loyal?) userbase. Nonetheless, their existing userbase has more overall stickiness than Google's because some people have used the same Yahoo! address for several years now. Yahoo's game is to keep these people (specifically people that use their Yahoo! mail account for all communications) as long as possible to make it harder for them to leave. For most people, 100 MB of space and the fact that changing their email address is a royal pain would be enough to keep them situated at Yahoo.

Funny thing is, would people really use up that much space? I'm sure there are a few, but what about the general public? Even when Yahoo was just giving away loose change's worth of space before, I never filled it up to more than 65-70% at the most. That's what the delete function is for.

If you truely use Yahoo! webmail as your primary email address (not as a secondary account, not as a "one of many" account, and not as a POP3 mail account), then there is a good chance you will want to keep some or all of your mail. After a few years a mail archive can really build up.

Who really needs a "mail archive" though. Seriously, whats the use of keeping so much crap...

Matt8 said:
Who really needs a "mail archive" though. Seriously, whats the use of keeping so much crap...
Uhh me, and many others, mainly those who are subscribed to multiple mailing lists.

It's very handy having all previous emails stored and being able to search through them if need be.

Back