• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.uni.cc

i have a domian there that works fine, but it's delegated to 2 nameservers, not a simple framed site.

It works now. Apparently, uni.cc had to shut down temporarily due to massive spam. It's back up now but I can't log in to my account. DNS redirect seemed to work continually, but the web address fwd went down.

Isn't that great :(,
another redirectionservice having trouble with spam.
Anyone has ideas how to stop this?? I need some ideas.

My solutions:

1) Only let my friends use the service.
2) Have people send me some personal stuff, that I can smash to pieces if they spam.
3) Charge people for the service, so they risk their money if they spam. (seem like a good solution :) ).

Any more??

/Tobbe

Originally posted by Tobbe
Isn't that great :(,
another redirectionservice having trouble with spam.
Anyone has ideas how to stop this?? I need some ideas.

My solutions:

1) Only let my friends use the service.
2) Have people send me some personal stuff, that I can smash to pieces if they spam.
3) Charge people for the service, so they risk their money if they spam. (seem like a good solution :) ).

Any more??

/Tobbe

you would be better off selling your domain if you have a good url...

#2 and #3 would never work(hope you were being sarcastic)

Originally posted by Tobbe
I hope you're kidding as well... I don't think anybody would even dream of paying for redirection! Like me, for instance, I'd rather waste my money on domains than a mere subdomain redirection. Or I'll just stick with cjb.net or even the ad-encrusted come.to service.

Well, people pay for redirection.
I know of some people making alot of money from it, but maybe it's more like fooling people that haven't found nice free services.
One is http://www.just.nu (means right.now in swedish) that cost $11/year. The strange thing is that people that sign up for that service, sees this fee so small, it's nothing.

And waste money on domains isn't the same. Right you get more control, but it's more work. And there are alot of peolpe out there that managed to make their own site for the first time, and now want some easy way to make their friends remember their site. Well, they could use namezero, but the then there are ads.

Well, hopefully, we can find some solution for the spammers, and continue to offer free URL forwaring with our (not for sale) .it domains. has.it, does.it, rocks.it, rules.it .....

/Tobbe

(#2 wasn't serious :) )

Back