• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Would you be interested in...

HumanClay

... a free URL redirection service with a short, 3 letter domain? I've been thinking of starting one, but first I'd like to know if people would use it? I know there are tons of redirectors, but would people still look to using a new one w/ a 3 letter *.net domain?

Yepp, people would probably use it, if it's easy to remember (can't say that .cjb.net is easy to, but think new ones must be more memorable)

But be aware that when your service grows, some problems arise. SPAM. I hate those %&/%/% users that uses a service that is provided for free, clearly states that SPAM is not alloved, and that has costed me alot of work, just to be able to spam others with their nice new cool domain.

Right now I have to go out hunting for a new server, as our current ISP got upset with the complaints he got about my users. And I that was prepared to release a new better version.

Anyone who has any ideas how to stop people from spamming??

/Tobbe

Also, try to get a domain that's all letters. I wouldn't sign up for a free you.5m7.com or you 7x3.net. And try to make the domain so it looks natural, almost like a real domain. .co.cx did that, but they're gone now.

would you guys think user.n8o.com would be good? or user.pcshopper.org?

I have a three-letter domain - no numbers, dashes, etc. I think it is easy to remember. Hopefully I will be able to start this soon... just need to get a few other things worked out.. I'll keep ya updated then :)

Back