• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Will Novogate work for me??

Uhh.., they sell remotely hosted boards. You can always link to your board if it's hosted there.

I just checked the site, and they charge $12.95 per month for one board.

Not sure whether you can still use it if you don't pay. But let's say, after you have 1000 members, and they say "pay us, otherwise we will shut down your board." That's a pain in the neck.

Not sure whether you can still use it if you don't pay...
Apart from choosing this forum to ask his question in, which he may had done not because he thought it to be free but because this is where virtually all message board discussion takes place, did Cashman9 ever say he wasn't willing to pay?

Originally posted by cashman9
I'd rather not pay - I had no idea that Novogate would charge money.

Ehh...it was in plain sight. How could you possibly miss it? :confused:

Originally posted by Dusty
Apart from choosing this forum to ask his question in, which he may had done not because he thought it to be free but because this is where virtually all message board discussion takes place, did Cashman9 ever say he wasn't willing to pay?

He didn't say whether he wanted to pay or not, but why is that related to my reply? I just simply told people if they don't want to pay, don't use it for a main board.

He didn't say whether he wanted to pay or not, but why is that related to my reply? I just simply told people if they don't want to pay, don't use it for a main board.
Usually when one replies to someone they're speaking to them. You replied to a thread started by Cashman9, you even referred to him directly ("...whether you can still use it if you don't pay...after you have 1000 members...shut down your board..."). If you were talking to someone else, perhaps a Cashman9's thread was not the best place to do it.

So, I should change "you" to "you people", right?

Even if I was talking to cashman9 directly, what was wrong when I told him "if you don't want to pay, don't use it." It's simply an advice!!!

At least I was helping him make a decision...

lol, I appreciate all the info I can get, from anybody. Any help is greatly recieved, thanks for all your support.

Back