• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why?

FeediaCo

Why are so many people asking for torrentflux webhosting? I am considered a noob when i comes to such things. Can some one tell me what the deal is about it? Also the stats
ex.: cpu usage
bandwith
space required

Thanx in advance,
John of Raversworld.com

Hey,

There are multiple answers to this question. There are many people out there who are wishing for hosting, but there are people that need to run torrent trackers and managers on the hosting. Many hosting providers don't allow the use of torrentflux, or such associated scripts. The torrent's don't have to be illegal, as many torrent's are actually legal. Once again, when you are looking for something like torrentflux hosting -> Check with your hosts policies first.

Regards,
Joe

Iv been thinking the same thing,
why are so many people asking for that :S
Anyway Im not willing to do it :p
evenly it does use alot of cpu usage etc so you would need a goood webserver.

me too, and we aren't willing to do it either.

regardless of legalities or whatnot, it still uses too many resources. (or so I've heard)

It would be ok if you owned a massive webserver and had cheap colo

could still think of about 50 other better things to do with it tho :p

torrentflux is legal, torrents are legal
its like anything,
The content in some of them is not!

torrentflux is legal, torrents are legal
its like anything,
The content in some of them is not!

yes that is true. some people actually use it to share LEGALfiles. But what happens if they don't can you fine them or even throw them in jail?

Hosting torrents or trackers in and of itself is not illegal. Even distributing files with copyrights can be lagel if done in the correct manner.

Back