• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which webserver to use?

( - P z Y - )

Yeah.. I host several servers now that I can overpower my NAT for different things.. eDonkey for higher ID Numbers, RTCW for some good ole' fun, FTP for some.. :D
Well I wanna host some very simple low bandwidth txt based pages now to via http. I have a redirection for my dynamic IP, an auto updater, ports forwarded through NAT and Firewall, and ZoneAlarm set up right to host one.. all I need is a simple low sys resources server... should I go apache for 1-5 txt webpages?
On a p3 1ghz XP Machine.. very stable OS BTW...
Any suggestions or should I just go apache or what? Thx.

Stable OS? If it's Win anything, apache's not for you. Don't destroy a perfectly good webserver by using a crappy OS. I suggest BSD/Linux with Apache.

I asked for a webserver to use for 4 plain txt no graphic html pages I would like to host on my dyndns name on my XP machine. You'll notice that XP is available thru the scene while no *nix's are.
Keep in mind all I asked for was a server that works with XP. I have no box. Remember this is NOT an actual site- just some plain txt info I need to host on my own. Not all of it can I post here without getting b*tched at by the mods and how legal issues may arise so lets leave it as it is. I host the FTP for a reason which I believe most of you will understand. The HTML goes with it.
Or is this over your heads too...

Back