• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which Perl forum is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-san

Can you recommend a good Perl forum to me?

Please, none of that "get a remote-hosted board" stuff, I just want an answer...

IkonBoard looks good...

I'm just wondering, though... is CuteCast any good? It looks nice, and appears to be flat-file (although flat-file isn't a requisite). It loads pretty fast, too.

Does anyone here have one? Is it good?

Re: IkonBoard looks good...

Originally posted by k-san
I'm just wondering, though... is CuteCast any good? It looks nice, and appears to be flat-file (although flat-file isn't a requisite). It loads pretty fast, too.

Does anyone here have one? Is it good?

CuteCast does look pretty good, I can say that IkonBoard may have the looks but it is incredibly slow. Even their board at the official website is sluggish.

Perl forums in general take up a lot of system resources and I think bandwidth but that all depends on the style of programming and images :classic2:
I'm attempting to install CuteCast now, I'll tell you how I like it.

You also need to consider which boards the hosts will allow, many have banned all perl boards period. This includes Pay hosts.

Well, two questions.

First, how do these three (CuteCast, YaBB, IkonBoard) compare in bandwidth usage and speed?

Second, which ones of these can you edit post count totals on? (I'm changing hosts, and since I'm getting a new board, I have to give the board members their old post counts...)

Just a caution: Ikonboard is experiencing some disputes and their support team has been changes 2 (or 3?) times. They're having a feature bloat, I'd go for YaBB is I had a choice.

Ikon board looks the best, Yabb is pretty good also. I've never seen a big site using cutecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back