• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

which is best backup process to protect clients data

webboy

which is best backup process to take shared hosting backups to external location.
best= reliable, cheap, easy management

Cheap and easy? Use cPanel's external backup function so you can backup accounts to an external FTP server.

Or check out BQBackup for only $5/month for 10GB of data storage you can't beat it. Plus, you'll have both rsync and ftp capable backups with their service. Trusted company with excellent prompt support.

Good stuff.

If you are talking about dedicated sever I suppose there is nothing better then RAID

raid has nothing to do with backup. it can save you from downtime during hardware failure.
backup or taking backups of backup is a separate task and it is really important thing in hosting biz which people ignore mostly.

I would go with www.bqbackup.com for external back-ups. Since it is rsync its not so tasking on your server since it replaces only those files that have been altered or new files.

Raid has everyhing in the world to do with back ups. If you are running a Raid10 config.
2 drives are active and 2 drives are used to back-up data.

I deem if you need to research existing ones which come with your control panels. But I would not state they are the best as your control panel is created for another tasks and that is just another additional option to it.
Third party web application perhaps is what you need. I deem you can look at the scrip[t collection on the hotscripts.com.
But also you can create the one for you. Custom one and have everything you need up and running

partially correct

raid has nothing to do with backup. it can save you from downtime during hardware failure.
backup or taking backups of backup is a separate task and it is really important thing in hosting biz which people ignore mostly.

hi,

partially correct. i wouldn't say "nothing to do". certian raid levels can be considered backup because data is replicated across multiple disks and have data correction features. :wink2:

kevin

Back