• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which free website providers allow ads

Since when doesn't Geocities allow it?

My sites were on Tripod and Geocities (still are) and although I don't update those anymore, because I have my own domains, I used to have advertising on both of them.

I might add I made some quite good money also. :cool:

Hmmm, that is strange. Possibly when I joined I didn't know what sponsors were in regards to websites :)

But I used to use their 'in-house' advertising also, can't remember what it was called.

They certainly reviewed my site and would have seen the banners that I had, when they gave me a (can't remember this either) special status. They removed their own advertising from my site and gave me 50Mbs space.

But recently I had an email saying that I would now have to pay to keep that deal. Which is neither here nor there as the site wouldn't be used very much now. My tracker shows a only few a day hits from geocities.

I think Geocities once had Pages that Pay which is a sub-network of BeFree. I know they state it in the TOS but what the heck. The TOS is very vague.

That's it wly, thanks! Pages that Pay, I think I actually received one cheque from that, took about 4 months or so ;)

That's pretty cool Jan :cool: Anyway I never made any dime with PTP but with it I was able gain access to the wonderful world of affiliate marketing. I can still remember searching for Bfast. Those were the days when life as a newbie was so exciting. Otherwise I would still be totally clueless as to how to make money on the net. Thank you Geocities and Pages that Pay.

Actually many free hosts don't unless you sign up for one of their sponsers in which they get referral commissions. But they don't really care if you do.

Back