• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

where is cabspace.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
goodbye Cabspace

After 5 days down they will never rise again. I have redirected my site to my mirror sites. Free doesn't mean permanent. Cabspace was never capable of hosting websites in a professional manner.

That's why it is always good to do research before you commit to a free webhost. We have free webhosts rising and going under everyday so watch out.

Yes that was a huge pain in the neck!

Also yesterday we blew a couple critical drives, however, this time
we were able to rebuilt the array with minimal downtime.

We have some growing pains, but we're matching each challenge with
proactive solutions that should permanently improve the quality of our
service.

Thanks for sticking with us thru this rather shakey period of extreme
growth. Look for exciting news and improved features shortly!

Thanks,
Jay

Cabspace is gone

Two weeks have gone by without cabspace. Does anyone think they will recover? I don't know about you but if I had a website there I would have moved it by now.
It looks as if they are gone. I expect the cabspace admin to come on here and say that they are updating their servers.
Good bye Cabspace!

The new cabspace

cszwed said...

OK, heres the deal. Cabspace has created a new web hosting company called cabspacepro. It is run by the same Chad King of cabspace. I've sent emails to him regarding cabspace but have not had a reply as yet.
If you are also upset about the down time and the lack of communication from cabspace then I would suggest that you contact him at:
Administrative Contact:
King, Chad chad@amkh.com
AMK Investments, LLC
5444 E. Indiana St
Suite #345
Evansville, Indiana 47715
United States
(812) 401-1265 Fax -- (812) 401-1268

I guess that cabspace wants everybody to upgrade to their new paid hosting service see below:

Move your CabSpace Free website to it's own domain name with a feature-rich hosting platform. Manage multiple domains and their resources in a single control panel with detailed statistics and alerts to help you take control of your websites. Register your new domain name, or transfer an existing domain to your account. We are offering 1 FREE Domain for life when you choose CabSpace PRO.

yes but some of us only had our website stored on cabspace. i managed to get most of the pages on from cached results in search engines but my site relyed on the stylesheet. css dont get cached unfortunately. without the stylesheet my sites a load of junk.
here i invite any of the cabspace admin to send me my site and the contents of my site to this address: djsilc@hotmail.com
my user account was silc.cabspace.com
i have gathered that they arent coming back but if they could come online just for a day or two for us to get our sites transferred it would save my website.
i would even pay them, i am so desperate to get it back.
there's a valuable lesson to be learned from this:
DONT RELY ON FREE HOSTS!

The cabspace admin had this to say

Cabspace Admin said...
Well good luck to you taking legal proceedings on a free host if you spent £20 pound on advertising why did you not get a payed for host. I think the £20 pound on advertising is bull and the is coming for some one that works at cabspace. Cabspace will be back up and run as soon as we can iron a few problems we are have if you don't like it find a another free host or pay for one.
Cabspace Admin said...
We are havering a lot of probs with spam bots we are trying to fix the with new codes in are page. But as for when it comes back that is up to when, how and if. We put cabspace back on-line for 2 days for users to get the webpages but if you don't like what cabspaces do's they are a lot more free host out there. Not as good as cabspace but there still free.
Anonymous said...(AKA. cabspace admin)
I am staying with cabspace, they are the best serveice provider around. When will they be back online?
Cabspace Admin said...
Yes my spelling what bad that day. Well it was about 4 am and i was codeing all day. But cabspace will be back up in the next day or so we still have thing's to do. And we would like to thank all off you for still supporting cabspace.
Cabspace Admin said...
WAS shy admin now haha.
Cabspace Admin said...
Are free host has no point to when it will be back. You got to look it at are point we where sued 2 times because of are users making fack login pages to myspace and yahoo they did not like this.

If you need a free host with no ads then go to www.atspace.com

And to post to cszwed your bitching a lot about cabspace if you do use it or don't want to use it button it.
yahoo said...
My site has nothing to do with cabspace i was just a mod for them. I can see what the admin has put and to a point i can see why there is no cabspace at the min.
yahoo said...
I no the admin is going to kill me for puting this but like every other place host that wants to make a quick buck and doesn't care who's hurt in the process but i am on admin side to they lost a lot of money when it was free. There was $1000 for a myspace login page there was more money to get the dns back so i can see the point to stopping the free host to get some off the money back he has lost.
Cabspace Admin said...
If you had a look at the T.O.s we don't have to tell any one about if and when we are colesed.

And as for jobi i will see if we still have your site in are servers and i will email you to them on what ever email is in that account.
yahoo said...
If the admin has not got back to you go here and email them.

http://www.amki.com/contact.shtml
yahoo said...
Man and you still see a need to bitch about it.

And there number is not (812) 401-1265x201 it is 1-812-401-1265

If you need a free forum like cabspace did with no ads go here.

http://amkbb.com/

For the webpage hosting i would use.

http://atspace.com

The best thing to put here is get a payed for host you will find you get a better services. And for old users of cabspace that can not let go i will say sorry for cabspace as i use to work for them. This should be the end of you bitching 24/7 cszwed but i don't think that will happen.
yahoo said...
The HD crashed, and before the RAID could create a new copy, the RAID ate itself. We have been 3 weeks recreating a copy of the data. It is completed, but during the time our system administrator took a different job and we have no way to bring the service back online. We are attempting to train on a new sysadmin, but it is a slow and steady process.

We provided you with a completely free service. We have had a very unfortunate string of bad luck on the service, and are still actively trying to get it back online. As soon as we can, we will get it back online providing web services again. Until then, we are trying to catch up on our existing backlog of service.

So cabspace will be back bit it will take time.
yahoo said...
Well stop depending on a free host and pay for one thay don't cost a lot now a days.
Anonymous said...
If it was out of business there would be no servers to support other thing that cabspace do. I have to say one thing here if you don't have and think constructive to say then do say any thing at all.

GET A PAYAD FOR YOUR HOST THEN WHEN THE SERVERS GO DOWN IN YOU PAYED FOR HOST THEN YOU CAN BITCH ABOUT IT.
yahoo said...
Well as for me i do as i work for them and to a point what the last user put is so to the point a right you all need to get over it.

And there is no page at the min because there is no servers they crashed.

And as for your email there is a big backlog and if you emailed the old administrator i would of just got deleted. I think you have posted a lot here to let me know what you think of cabspace.

And as for the professional manner my last post was to every one here and to you.

This is a note to the admin of this topic can you close this from having new post because we are just going over and over if not a will email blogger to closed it. I will email you when cabspace is back up so you can reopen it thank you.
yahoo said...
Nop i don't mind the bad reviews it will make cabspace good one day. But it is just the going round and round.

A. Yes we did cloes cabspace because of a server probs.

B. I and the admins of cabspace have told you so many time we are sorry.

C. All accounts i see here that are bitching are looking to be the admin of this blogger account any way.

And by the way you do have copyrighted material on here. Logos so on be we are not get in to that.

So you move the complaining to here lol. Admin of the forum we have the user of his blogger account to close the topic or we would get blogger because of the topic going round and round he would not let it go. Can you close the topic to as we have told users all we need to why cabspace is closed.

The HD crashed, and before the RAID could create a new copy, the RAID ate itself. We have been 3 weeks recreating a copy of the data. It is completed, but during the time our system administrator took a different job and we have no way to bring the service back online. We are attempting to train on a new sysadmin, but it is a slow and steady process.

We provided you with a completely free service. We have had a very unfortunate string of bad luck on the service, and are still actively trying to get it back online. As soon as we can, we will get it back online providing web services again. Until then, we are trying to catch up on our existing backlog of service.

Thank you.

Oh No! Don't let this information get out to the public. Cabspace Has been down over a month now.
Why are you so worried about a web host that isn't even on line anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back