• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What's your amazing media CTR for this month?

bob11

Has your CTR so far this month been above what it usually is? Mine is and i still don't get how they pay im getting 45 cent CPM and they say the base rate is .25/CPM?

Yup, suddenly on February 1st the rate of Amazing Media "actions" is much higher. More than ten times January's rate. In fact, I already have more "actions"/clicks in February than I did in all of January, and we're only on the 5th of the month!

Any possible explanation for this? Did Amazing Media suddenly land a bunch of interesting ad campaigns starting February 1st?

Note: I only have a few main pages on Amazing Media -- the rest of my site has ValueClick banners.

I looked, and all I'm seeing on Amazing Media banners are ads for itself. Nothing new as far as I can tell. So, I'm baffled.

Maybe their system was undercounting actions, and they fixed it. Uhhhh... more likely, it's malfunctioning now, and we'll see much lower "revised" numbers shortly.

I went searching for amazing media publishers on google, found alot of them and checked out their stats (since their stats are public) to see other's CTR. I found some serving millions of impressions with over 1.5% CTR!!! Impossible!!! I wonder how they do it? Maybe cheating? I'm not here to point fingers so I won't name the websites, but you can find a lot of them on google.

But the thing to do is to compare how they did last month with this month. My Amazing Media CTR in January was 0.23; for February so far it's reported at 2.66. And it wasn't any kind of gradual increase: January 31 was 0.05, February 1 was 1.77. Yesterday, Feb 5th, it was up to 4.49.

I'm still guessing that something got messed up in Amazing's system as of 2/1/2001 -- in other words, these hugely inflated CTR's are not real. And the Feb 5th and 6th numbers suggest that whatever the problem is, it's getting worse.

Back