• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WeHostFree - New Design

WireValley

WeHostFree.com is proud to show off its new website design! Please visit our site to checkout the new homepage which features our plans better. The homepage also shows the latest blog posts, along with our latest tweets.

Likes, dislikes, recommendations are welcome.

It looks like it could be good but currently is clearly messed up. (I am using chrome on a mac by the way)
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 4.24.29 PM.jpg

the ad is messed up and hidden on the top and your logo looks a bit pixalated. And the slogan part of the logo doesn't look good half way over the dark upper background and partly over the light grey background.

Yes, my programmer is currently optimizing the site. He's different time zone, so I'm PATIENTLY waiting for him to get back online to fix.

Google was giving the site a poor score. I'm up to 89/100, but now other things need to be fixed.

Yes, my programmer is currently optimizing the site. He's different time zone, so I'm PATIENTLY waiting for him to get back online to fix.

Google was giving the site a poor score. I'm up to 89/100, but now other things need to be fixed.

What kind of score from google? Do they have some sort of automated design rater or something?

:) not design.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/

They test your server speed, if you have compression enabled, they check to see if you have mod_defalte enabled on your server, along with gzip. Google checks your HTML/CSS, etc. to see how optimized your site is. The slower your site, the lower Google will rank you.

Right now I'm at 89 (the last time I checked) and my programmer is working to get the site to 100/100.

Oh cool.

Youtube is in the 70s, so is this site
Google.com is in the 90s
my one forum is 57 lol

EDIT: NOW the site is complete! I've been working on this all week. It's gone through some more drastic changes including the Hosting-Plans page (please review. I love this page!) and I've updated the footer to a darker color to match the header.

I'm at 87/100 with Google's test. I'm happy with that :) the only improvement they're suggesting is optimizing my images. I tried that and the quality suffered. I'm sitting at a lot better score than some of the other web hosting sites I've tested!

You should check the ad placement on your home page. The one is right in the middle of the "Welcome to WeHostFree" paragraph. Just a really bizarre place to put it.

Wherever you copied and pasted the Terms of Service from, there are spaces and line breaks in bizarre places, weird characters that copied over, etc. You'll want to take a look at that page.

You should check the ad placement on your home page. The one is right in the middle of the "Welcome to WeHostFree" paragraph. Just a really bizarre place to put it.

Wherever you copied and pasted the Terms of Service from, there are spaces and line breaks in bizarre places, weird characters that copied over, etc. You'll want to take a look at that page.

What browser are you using? I do not see any of the instances you are referring to. EDIT: Oh wait, I see the ad you were talking about. Yes, it is in the middle. I may move it down below the 3rd paragraph. The terms of service though seem fine on my end. Screenshot attached.

I've checked all the pages with IE 9, IE 10, Chrome and Firefox.

Attached are the screenshots.

GGEbweZ.png

Last edited:
You can see what I'm talking about with the line breaks right in your screenshot. There is one between "it will" and "be registered" for example. There are another at least 1/2 dozen as you go down the page.

As far as the ad, here is a screenshot of what it looks like in Firefox 23.0.1. I did open it up in Chrome as well, and it looks fine there.

wehostfree.png

And sorry, I didn't mean "copy" as in you stole it from somewhere. Ha ha! Just figured with the redesign, you copied and pasted it from your old page, or another document you had or something.

LOL, yes the ad was meant to be in the middle on the homepage. I have now updated it and moved it below the 3rd paragraph. I must admit it looks better now.

Thanks for pointing out the TOS! It's been fixed now. Yes, I got the TOS from EZPZ Hosting. They provide free TOS to its customers (Reseller and Dedicated.) This is one of the companies I use for my servers :lol:

You're welcome. Yeah, I'm guessing it was just a formatting issue when you copied the text over from their page. The easiest is just to copy the pure html code from one to another, but I can tell you from experience, even that doesn't work sometimes! Go figure. :D

Yeah, the site looks great except for those things. Love the new design.

Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 1.54.07 PM.jpg

Firefox the site looks great but on chrome the logo still looks off and the menu doesn't always show up correctly.

i would personally hate to be a web programmer. I couldn't imagine all the extra work it takes to make a website look good across all the popular browsers.

What version of Chrome are you using? I use Chrome, Firefox, IE 9 and IE 10. All are fine on my end.

Could someone else with Chrome please test?

Maybe try a refresh on the page? I've done EXTENSIVE testing with all the browsers above and finally have no kinks. To see that screenshot breaks my heart :-( LoL

Yes, it stinks trying to get all browsers compatible.

I'm wondering if maybe you have something turned off in Chrome that would cause this? Do you have another machine with Chrome you could try?

What version of Chrome are you using? I use Chrome, Firefox, IE 9 and IE 10. All are fine on my end.

Could someone else with Chrome please test?

Maybe try a refresh on the page? I've done EXTENSIVE testing with all the browsers above and finally have no kinks. To see that screenshot breaks my heart :-( LoL

Yes, it stinks trying to get all browsers compatible.

I'm wondering if maybe you have something turned off in Chrome that would cause this? Do you have another machine with Chrome you could try?

Idk what was up. I refreshed the page before, but now I went ahead and cleared my entire cache and it works fine. Looks good on safari firefox and chrome on a mac.

Back