• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

To all you people trolling the paid hosting request section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course this discussion is related to paid hosting, but is not free hosting overselling in the purest form? After all, the user isn't paying anything and they're getting something. The whole point with overselling paid hosting is that the features offered at, say, a $3/month price point are available - just at a much higher price (at least in the anti-overselling person's mind). Therefore, it seems to me that free hosting itself is the ultimate form of overselling.

And I like that. :)

Of course this discussion is related to paid hosting, but is not free hosting overselling in the purest form?
Not when it's responcibly used as a loss-leader. After all, if someone reaches their free hosting limit and wants to upgrade then you already know they'll be using a fair chunk of their paid account right away! So if you rely on them using a tiny percentage of their account then the upgrades won't be profitable for you!

Thanks for the thread, I got a good laugh reading it.

The more important question should be, why are some people more concerned with how everyone else is running their businesses rather than just running their own?

I have to agree - Thanks for the laugh RCH.

You made me laugh in your other thread as well ;)

Hold up now but i belive our OP has fallen for the Overselling concept.

Straight from the sign up page:
Smallest package:
50,000 MB of Webspace
250,000 MB of Bandwidth
Unlimited everyhting
Price=$3.50 per month

2nd to Largest package:
600,000mb of Webspace
6,000,000mb of Bandwidth
Unlimited everything
Price=$11.50

Largest Package:
1,000,000mb of Webspace
Unlimited Bandwidth
Unlimited Everything Else
Price=$14.96

All Plans taken from this page:
https://www.rapidcityhost.com/clients/signup.php

Talk about calliing the kettle black.

Granted i give him props for nameing his packages after different NASA shuttles

Great find, that is why I found the thread to be so funny. It is easy to accuse everyone else of something, but then they do the same thing themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back