• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Best Dedicated Server out there?

Sergio7889

Heyllo, im trying to find out what every number and word a dedicated server has. I don't know much about it, so i want to learn. First of all, i dont know what any of these words mean:

Pentium 4 Ghz - whats the best? And what does it mean?
Transfer/Bandwidth - i've seen something about 100mbps, then something like 500 GB, what does this mean, which one is the best?

HardDrive?

Ram?

DDR Ram???

Also, which OS do you think is the best? Linux, Windows, or what?

Please help.

Also, What processor is better? Pentium 4, Celeron, Xeon, and others? Which one is better?

How would you also have a Domain Registration? Does it need different software, or what?

Last edited:
Pentium 4 Ghz - whats the best? And what does it mean?
I'm confused and what you mean by whats the best, and a Pentium 4 Ghz means its a Pentium 4 Running at a (usually there is a number here) Ghz Clock Speed
Transfer/Bandwidth - i've seen something about 100mbps, then something like 500 GB, what does this mean, which one is the best?
100mbps means 100 Megabits(1/8 a Megabyte) per second connection, so basically if you pushed a 100 mbps to its limit you'll get 33480 Gigabytes of Bandwith(Put its almost impossible to get this)
500 GB means you are given 500 Gigabytes of Bandwith
the 100mbps connection has more bandwith but its depends on how much latency(basiclly slowness) it has while 500 Gigabytes is always 500 gigabytes
HardDrive?

Ram?

DDR Ram???
HardDrive - The device which you store data on, recommended sizes are around 60-120 gigabytes
Also, which OS do you think is the best? Linux, Windows, or what?

Please help.
It depends on what you want to do, different things can be done on different OS, Linux is the most common and its free, Windows is expensive but it has a little more features
Also, What processor is better? Pentium 4, Celeron, Xeon, and others? Which one is better?
From Worse To Best: Celeron>Pentium 4>Xeon(My Opinnion)
for all the other common processors, Celeron>Duron>Athlon/Pentium 4(They are around tied)>Xeon>Opetron>Itanium(Not recommended thou)(My Opinnion)
How would you also have a Domain Registration? Does it need different software, or what?
You would usually resell the services off places like www.godaddy.com or www.enom.com and such, it doesn't require different software usually just a piece of code they provide you etc...

Back