• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

tempest2.com - dead?

madhatter

Hi,

I was on Tempest2. Well still am ?

It hasn't been working for about 3 days and I think they might have fu*ked off!

My hosting was £24 a year for 100MB and 1GB bandwidth..

It was a good host I thought, and I can't contact them, because their site is down!

Do you reckon they've left me?

Thanks,

Max

Thing is

Thing is they have all my MySQL dbs etc, so it would be VERY annoying..

I don't see why they wouldn't warn us about it if they were to shut down, I wouldn't care so long as I had a chance to back up!

Yea that is annoying... but you definitely don't want to have to much downtime, or else visitors will start leaving and may not return. They may be thinking that you have folded up, instead of your hosting company.

If your host if our for more then 24 hours, you really should consider transfering ASAP, it just shows how unreliable they are.

heheh , Yea I'd definitely try to get a refund. But if they never come back up that could be a problem.

If they do come back up, you should receive credit for the downtime. I would request that, and tell them that you are very unhappy with the lack of communication options during downtime.

For my services , in the event of downtime, we offer an emergency support phone number. So, if our email server went down you could still contact support and reach a human being.

As generouswebhostin said, it might be time to search for a new webhost. It is important that you get your site back online as soon as possible, but it is even more important that you get a backup of your databases. Make sure you get a full refund if you manage to contact them because three days of downtime is totally unacceptable.

Back