• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Something intresting i found in a napster forum. (its relevant here)

Gayowulf

G-d
NLC
I liked this

This is what happens when there are no rules or regs and there are so many users that a new thread/reply happens every 30 seconds.

Quoted from a napster forum

I've been browsing these forums and I've seen the most horrible message boards I have ever seen!
Every post is followed up by someone with a loud mouth that can't obstain from using cuss words in every sentence. Included in these posts is how 'lame' the previous message was and how they must be a complete fool to say that.

Seriously! Hasn't anyone heard of discussions? You can more effectively get your point out when you're not a complete jerk.

I believe the faceless nature of the internet is why people feel they should tell everyone else off, in an attempt that they will seem superior. This is not the case, by a long shot!

Be civilized.

In my own opinion, Napster is really cool. For better or worse, we will likely see changes in the industry because of it.

Of course, Napster is not a new concept - rather an excellent implimentation of a collective file sharing system. The same type of file sharing can be found now on the old mediums, such as IRC. What makes Napster so successful is the user-friendly "You don't have to know how to use a computer to use it" system. And the large amount of users that logon because of this is why it's caught such attention.

Why should Napster be shut down? Because the people that use is share copywrighted music? Then what about the internet competely? Where does it end? What kind of presedence would be set if it DID get shut off?

Anyways...

i especially liked this-->(ps. Don't rag on me for spelling mistakes, that's pretty lame )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT WAS SO STUPID, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITE, YOU MORON. THAT WAS SO LAME, YOU LAMER, YOU.. YOU.. you you.. YOU!
[/end]

I agree, forums that are not moderated and everyone is free to type anything their pea sized brain tells them to, are uncivilized and provide no valuable help or information.

Unlike this wonderful forum Peo, which is simply Amazing! And do you know that it would be even better if I could get my little cow image in the icon set! ;) Please Peo! :)

Back